Format charts quickly with chart styles & color themes [quick tip]
Here is a quick tip to reduce the time you spend on chart formatting – use chart styles & color themes.
Excel offers various pre-defined color schemes and chart styles. Using them is very simple.
- Select your chart
- Go to Chart Design ribbon
- Click on the style or color scheme you want.
- Your chart changes instantly.
Check out below screencast to learn more.
Using predefined styles is a great way to polish your chart. Keep in mind that not all predefined styles look gorgeous. So choose wisely.
Do you use chart styles?
I use chart styles or templates to speed up chart formatting.
What about you? Do you use these features? Share your experience in the comments section.
More chart formatting tips:
- Use arrow keys to select small / unreachable items on your charts
- Create a line chart with bands
- Set up meaningful titles on charts with this simple trick
- Work with charts faster using selection pane & select object tools
- More chart formatting tips & Quick excel tips
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Transpose this address data [VBA homework]||Make 1,200 dinosaurs in no time with Excel [formulas] »|