Replace formulas with values with a simple wiggle
Here is a very simple & fun way to replace formulas with values.
(Earlier, we talked about how to do this with keyboard)
Follow these steps
- Select all the cells that contain formulas
- Right click on the selection border (your mouse pointer changes to 4 sided arrow)
- Right click + Drag the selection a few cells away and drop them back at original place (ie wiggle)
- A menu appears. Select Copy here as values only.
- You are done
See the demo aside.
More fun & productive ways to use mouse in Excel
You can do a lot of powerful & useful things in Excel with mouse. Check out our Mouse shortcuts section.
- 5 areas where mouse kicks keyboard’s butt
- Do you know these double click tricks
- Use mouse to edit formula ranges quickly
- Insert multiple columns at once with mouse
Say thanks to John if you like this tip
This is one of the most fun mouse shortcuts I have ever learned. Thanks to John for teaching me this wiggle technique.
If you too enjoyed it, please say thanks to John.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Teach me (and rest of our community) something this Teachers’ Day||3D Max Formula for Excel »|