Here is a very simple & fun way to replace formulas with values.
(Earlier, we talked about how to do this with keyboard)
Follow these steps
- Select all the cells that contain formulas
- Right click on the selection border (your mouse pointer changes to 4 sided arrow)
- Right click + Drag the selection a few cells away and drop them back at original place (ie wiggle)
- A menu appears. Select Copy here as values only.
- You are done
See the demo aside.
More fun & productive ways to use mouse in Excel
You can do a lot of powerful & useful things in Excel with mouse. Check out our Mouse shortcuts section.
- 5 areas where mouse kicks keyboard’s butt
- Do you know these double click tricks
- Use mouse to edit formula ranges quickly
- Insert multiple columns at once with mouse
Say thanks to John if you like this tip
This is one of the most fun mouse shortcuts I have ever learned. Thanks to John for teaching me this wiggle technique.
If you too enjoyed it, please say thanks to John.