Gone are the days when software jobs are called ‘coder’ or ‘programmer’, as sophistication increased companies started calling the same coder as ‘software engineer’ or ‘programmer analyst’, then there were ‘sr. evangelists’, ‘associates’ and ‘server gurus’, but in the new era where demand is outstripping supply, naming a job creatively is as important as the job itself.
Here is such a list of innovative (often funny) job titles I found while surfing some of the job-boards on the net.
- Coordinator of dreams and realities @ RISE Partners
This professional will have the leadership role in:
• Pre-venture counseling for consumers, family, and staff,
• Facilitating development of participant business plans,
• Follow-on technical assistance,
• Self-employment training, and
• General marketing activities.
- Ridiculously good software developer @ Atomic Object
…We’re an Agile development shop that builds ridiculously good custom software for companies of all shapes, sizes and flavors. We have too much work to do, not enough good people to do it…
- Seriously cool web developer @ Envictus Corporation
Hmm, I see a pattern here!
we want employees that:
* Have a good, nay, GREAT sense of humor — Sarcasm works too 🙂 —
* Have a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
* Maintain a high level of productivity in a high volume, fast-paced environment
* Possess the initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction
I hope they dont ask you to tell a few jokes in the interview…
- Senior Web Producer @ A&E Television Networks
Senior Producer position will be responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of large-scale History.com projects and initiatives.
- Ruby-on-Rails SCAP (Super Crazy Awesome Programmer) @ Swivel
Implement features fast and ultra-good
Help define new, eye-drooling product features
Fix obscure bugs using super test-driven-development powers
Repeat, not necessarily in order
- Lead code wizard @ Recruiting Point, bring your wand to the interview.
- Kick ass developer @ jooce.com
Imagine having that on your visiting card.
So, if you are:
* … a great coder, collaborator, inventor and architect all rolled into one;
* … looking for the next cool problem to solve, in a fast-paced and engineering-driven environment;
*… someone who understands that programming is an art form that sometimes fights back.
.. then you should contact us ASAP.
Share some of the unique ones you have come across in comments …
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Calorie card : a sound business idea for gyms / health clubs||Open your favorite sites directly from Windows XP run dialog box »|