Win a Netbook – 10000 RSS Contest
Wow… I am very excited to announce that our little blog has breached the 10,000 RSS Subscriber mark. Our community has a total of 10,171 members as of yesterday.
To celebrate this milestone, I am opening another contest on this blog. Read on to know the details:
What is the contest:
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to design a tracker for personal expenses. Some of the glorified objectives of the mission are,
- Ability to track expenses under various heads (rent, food, entertainment etc.)
- Ability to track expenses at granular level (by day or week)
- Capability explore spending habits and trends thru graphs
- Should have an option to do earning vs. spending analysis
- Optionally, can track spending by account (savings, current, credit card 1, credit card 2 etc.)
- Bonus karma points if you can make the tracker look awesome!
What is the booty?
All the entries will be posted on Chandoo.org and a readers poll will be conducted. The winner (entry with maximum votes) will get,
wait for it,
Toshiba Mini 300 Series Netbook
That is right. A Netbook. (find out more about the exact model and specs here)
Contest Rules & Fine Print:
- No Email: Last time, when I did the sales dashboard contest, I got a ton of emails with entries. It took me countless hours to sort thru the email and get the files. While, I love your emails, I think email is not the format for something like this. So, No emails this time.
- Instead upload your entry and share URL: Simple. Upload your expense tracker to a website like skydrive. Copy the url and paste it in comments of this post. Add some details like what your tracker does. If possible, take some screenshots of your tracker and save them as images. Now upload these images too and post the URLs too.
- No protected files, no macros, no add-ins: Keep your tracker simple and to the point. Try to be innovative by providing options to explore spending trends, comparison options and more instead.
- Try to get your file work in Excel 2003 (no penalty if it doesn’t)
- Winner will be chosen by a poll conducted on this blog.
- You agree that your entry can be freely shared on this blog (as well as used by me in future for a post / training).
- The netbook will be mailed to countries where Amazon can mail it. If you are in a country where Amazon cannot mail this, I will send you equal amount in dollars thru PayPal so that you can purchase anything you want.
- Contest is open from 3rd, June 2010 to 20th June 2010 – both days inclusive.
Request for Sponsors:
If you would like to sponsor this contest, please write to me at chandoo.d @ gmail.com. You will get promotion thru-out contest pages and a link back to your website / product.
Congratulations once again for being part of our little community here. I am really thankful to you for the inspiration you give me. Thank you.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Get Stock Quotes using Excel Macros [and a Crash Course in VBA]
|Average of Top 5 Values [and some homework] »