How can you ensure that your blog post, term report or business case is readable without spending a lot of time getting beta reviews from others?
Thanks to google docs, you can do that with one click. Just upload your word document / txt file to google docs. Once inside, goto menu > tools > “word count…”
With this you can find out various readability statistics of your content like:
- Average sentences per paragraph
- Average words per sentence
- Average characters per word
- Average words per page
- Flesch Reading Ease: Higher score means easy to read, ranges from -21.9 to 121
- Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: Indicates the grade (number of years of education) required to understand this text
- Automated Readability Index: Indicates the minimum grade required to understand this text, alternative to Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level
So, next time when you are writing something ensure the readability.
Other tools for improving readability of your content: check readability online
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Add more superstars to your gmail||Vizooalization: 5 things I have learned about visualization at the zoo »|