It’s here. Power BI Play Date – our online training program is now ready for your consideration. Please take a few minutes to read this to know all about the program. If you are ready to join, click here.
What is Power BI?
Considered to be one of the fastest growing technologies in the world of data, Power BI is an incredible software to collect data, model it, analyze it, visualize and publish your work – all with ridiculous ease. Think of Power BI as a natural extension to Excel based reporting with built-in capabilities to publish to mobile phones, web and everyone in your organization securely.
What can Power BI do for me?
I won’t tease. Check out below show reel to see some of the reports you can create in our course. It is #AWESOME.
What is this play date?
Power BI Play Date is an online training program to teach you how to use Power BI.
Working with data in Power BI feels like playing, hence the name Play Date. This program is completely online and self-paced. You can learn about Power BI from the comfort of your couch (or playpen). I take you from a Power BI rookie to rock star by the end of this course.
In this program (more than 8 hours long), you will learn:
- Getting started with Power BI – Your first ever play
- Create and publish a KPI dashboard
- Analyzing customer service data and creating powerful reports (the CliQ customer service db you see above)
- Understanding your new play mate Power Pivot – the engine behind Power BI
- DAX in the park – an introduction to DAX formulas for Power BI
- Whats up with the chicken prices in New Zealand – an exploratory analysis
- Introduction to Power Query – your faithful ball fetcher
- Creating an executive reporting system with forecasting, what-if analysis and more
- Play time – Roger Federer’s 8th Wimbledon win
- Play time – Craft Beer, anyone?
Be warned though. This is thoroughly awesome and intense play. Prepare for some serious exercise.
Is it good for me?
Let’s be honest. Power BI is awesome and all, but not everyone can hop on the bandwagon. You need below skills to successfully use Power BI:
- Decent understanding of business and reporting concepts (ie are you building some reports in Excel or other tools already?)
- Beginner to intermediate level of Excel (while you won’t be using Excel in Power BI, knowing things can simplify your work)
- Passion to learn new things (Power BI feels almost nothing like Excel)
and oh yeah, you will also need:
- Free Power BI Desktop software (you can download this from powerbi.microsoft.com)
- Optional Power BI online account (this will let you publish things on web etc.)
In this play date, I assume that you have little or zero experience with Power BI and build from that level. At the end of this program you will be able to create awesome reports with the program. That is my promise.
Our Power BI Play Date runs in batches. The first batch enrollment is now open. Keep these dates in mind.
- Enrolments: Open now
- Enrolments close: 29th of September, 2017 (Friday)
- Play begins: As soon as you join.
How to enroll?
Oh simple. Just click here and signup.
Thank you so much for all your love, support and feedback. With out you, I couldn’t have created this or any other programs. Thanks for taking time to play and learn from me. I hope to see you in our Power BI play date.
PS: If you have any questions about this course, reply back or leave a comment so I can help you.