Book Announcement: Dashboards for Excel is launching on 15th September
I have an exciting announcement to share with you. My first ever print book – Dashboards for Excel, co-authored with Jordan Goldmeier is releasing on 15th September.
Dashboards for Excel – what is it?
As the name suggests this book is a handy guide for anyone preparing dashboards, management reports and business intelligence workbooks using Excel. The key benefits are,
- Learn the visualization tools, charts, tables, and graphs important to management.
- Understand what management doesn’t want to see in a report
- Turn around dashboards faster and cheaper than ever before
- Understand the key role dashboards play in an organization
- Analyze real-world dashboards to apply important features to your own organization
- Utilize understated, but powerful, Excel formulas and VBA code
- Avoid common pitfalls in Excel development and dashboard creation
- Get started with the Excel data model, PowerPivot, and Power Query
As you can see, this is an advanced Excel book with lots of examples, case studies and practical tips.
How it all began?
Jordan announced this book almost 3 years back. I felt very curious about the book and made a mental note to buy a copy once it is published. Fast forward 2 years, on 4th of September, 2014, I got an email from Jordan asking if I can collaborate on the book project. I immediately said yes. We got in to a skype call with Jim, Editor at Apress (the company that is publishing Dashboards for Excel book) to finalize the project specifics. We decided that I should write 4 chapters, talking about new features in Excel 2013 & Power BI that help you make awesome dashboards.
I spent almost 8 months writing those 4 chapters. Mainly because I got serious writers block for 4 of those 8 months and was traveling for another 2 months. Finally in August this year, we moved the book to final stages of editing and now the book is ready for you.
Buy the book now to get free bonus video on Dashboards
We (Jordan & I) are preparing a 1 hour video with our favorite dashboard tips. If you purchase the book now (or anytime before end of September 2015), you will get a copy of that video.
How to qualify for this offer:
- Simple. Purchase a copy of the book form Amazon (you may buy it from your favorite book store too, but it may take a while for the stocks to be ready)
- Email a copy of the purchase receipt to email@example.com
- We will send a link to watch the bonus video (will be available in first week of October)
You can buy either print or eBook versions to qualify for this offer.
Thank you for making it happen
Thank you so much for all your support and love to Chandoo.org. Your passion to learn and grow inspires me to share my knowledge.
Special thanks to Jordan for inviting me to co-write this book. Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting with the first 20 chapters. It feels almost like cheating to call myself a co-author on such awesome book. Thank you for sharing your work with me.
Many thanks to Chris our technical editor, for all the humor and hard work.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Thank you for making Awesome August a success||Weekend poll: Formulas or Pivot Tables? »|