Sign-up for Excel School Notification List & Get 3 Free Lessons
Frequently Asked Questions
On Pricing & Discounts:
- How much is Excel School going to cost me?
- Is there any special pricing for Indian Students?
- Can I drop off / cancel my course and get a refund?
- Can I upgrade from online option to online + download option?
- Are there any team discounts? I want to sign up my entire team.
on Excel School Experience:
- What are the topics covered in Excel school?
- How does Excel School Work?
- How much time does it take to finish the lessons?
- What should I do if I have a question?
- What if I get too busy after signing up and cannot spend time on this?
- What do I need to enjoy the lessons?
- Can I get a certificate?
On June 14. The sign ups will stay open until June 21st and then close until batch 2 finishes their classes.
Excel School comes in 2 flavors.
- If you want view all the lessons online, you pay $67
- If you want to view lessons online and download HQ versions for viewing later, you pay $97
The following excel topics are covered in-depth in Excel School:
- Excel Formulas
- Excel Formatting Options
- Conditional Formatting
- Charting – why, what and how of Excel Basic Charts
- Advanced Charting – custom charts, dynamic charts, interactive charts
- Excel Tables
- Pivot Tables
- Importing External Data (Text, Web, Access)
- Data Validation, Sorting, Data Filters
- Using Excel, Productivity Tips
Once you pay the course fees and sign up for excel school,
- You will be given a userid and password to access excel school classroom
- Once you login to excel school, you will find links to all the material
- You can view lessons in any order or follow the order recommended by me
- You can download example excel files, home work and videos (if you sign up for download option) for further learning
- You can ask questions or discuss topics with other classmates thru comments
- Once every week, I will send you a news-letter with information, links and discuss course progress
Since you can access all the lessons on Day 1, the answer to this question depends on your free time and potential. If you are a fast learner, you can finsih all the lessons in a week. Otherwise you can take up to 4 weeks to finish the lessons. The school remains open for 8 weeks from June 28 (till August 29th) so that you get ample to go thru all the material.
Most lessons in excel school are for 20 minutes. However, there are some lessons that go on for 60 minutes. This is because some topics take more time to explain. At this point, we have material for over 900 minutes in Excel school. So, even if you spend an hour a day, you can take up to 15 days to complete the material.
Simple, you ask. Each lesson comes with a comments feature that you are so used to on Chandoo.org. You can post your questions and discuss lesson topics in the comments area. I will reply to your questions or point you in right direction so that your question can be answered.
Please note that I am not in a position to solve any specific problems you have related to your work. For that, you can hire me as a consultant.
Yes, for Indian Students the pricing will be in INR. For online+ download option, pricing is INR 2000 and for online option it is INR 1400. Please sign up for my notification list (form above) and I will send you details once I have the registrations open.
Sure you can. Each excel school membership comes with 15 day money back guarantee. So if you do not like what you see in the classroom, you can leave and I will refund the full money. No questions asked. It is that simple.
The classroom will be open for 2 months. So you might find sometime in all the days between June 28 and August 29 to finish the lessons.
In the off chance that you could not spend any time in this period on excel school, you have 2 options:
- Use the downloadable videos to back up entire school and then view them whenever you get time.
- Opt in to stay back in school for some more time (by paying nominal monthly fee)
Yes, you can. The upgrade costs $37. So you will save 7 bucks by signing up for download option up front.
(For Indian students, upgrade is INR 750)
Thank you. And of course yes. If you sign up more than 3 people in one shot, you get 25% off the price, for all the students.
Please specify the quantity in order form and your discount will be applied automatically.
You need a credit card to purchase excel school membership. In certain countries, you may use your checking account to make the payment too. Optionally, if you have PayPal account, you can use that too purchase excel school membership. But in any case, having PayPal account is not necessary.
- A computer with a modern browser (IE7, Firefox or Chrome)
- Excel 2007+ (Excel 2003 is fine too, but some lessons are suited for Excel 2007)
- Speakers or ear phones that can give you good quality output
- Time and zeal to learn
You can request for a certificate when you are done going thru lessons. Around week 4, you will see a “request certificate” button. Use it to get your certificate.