• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hello .. Introduce yourself

Chandoo, you rock. This is a great website with such a helpful community of contributors; I've learned so much from it!

Hi. I am new new and just registered. it seems that it will be helpful. i have a problem to calculate TDS of the staffs.I use to calculate income tax of the employees in a excel sheet and i want their taxable income to be calculated as prescribed by the authority which is as follows

if taxable income is up to 180000.00 Tax will be = NIL

if taxable income is more than 180000 but less than 500000 = 10% of amount by which

income exceeds Rs. 180000

if taxable income is more than 500000 but less than 800000 = 20% of amount by which

income exceeds Rs. 500000

+Rs.32000.00

if taxable income is more than 500000 but less than 800000 = 30% of amount by which

income exceeds Rs. 800000

+Rs.92000.00

can any body suggest what formula can be used to sort out this problem.

Hi, I'm Asa. I just found your site looking for some articles to recommend to someone on a particular Excel question they had on the EXCEL-L MS Excel Developers mail list (Chandoo, I linked to your excellent article with a broad take on form controls)

In the 90s I worked as a programmer and database developer, and did a broad range of data analysis as well, including with Excel. I've been away from computer work for a number of years now but have some personal projects I'm working on and want to both refresh my skills and offer help to others.

Aratrika -- I'm guessing you might get the most help by posting your question in a separate thread where more people will notice it.

Hello All,

My name is Brad and I recently took a position as a software administrator in my company. I have used Excel for many projects over the years, but now there is a bigger need for me to be very proficient with Excel and data analysis. I discovered this site when I was trying to update some macros/VBA for an Excel application I made a couple of years ago. I really like the personality of this site. I look forward to becoming more awesome at Excel.

Hello, my name is Felix Murillo, I'm from Panama City (Panama Canal), currently working in Business Analyst, and always trying to learn the more I can to improve and do my work better.

I think that i have a huge challenge for you people, because I have tried to resolve it, but I'm still stuck on this. I'll explain you later what is it.

Regards for every one, I'll see ya soon :p

Hello again, this is the challenge (my apologize for my English, I'm still learning):

I have columns of data information ( 45 columns, 4000 or more of rows data), the first column that I need has a lot of customer's account numbers and user names, and I want to retrieve the following:

1. Which user did the first register (the customer appears several times)

2. Which user did the last register (touched the same account, in the same day)

3. It has column time and date (9/23/11 15:38:24)

4. Data are not in order of dates.

¿How can i know which user did the first and last register, knowing this: the information that i need, is in the middle of other same registers?

Example:

Column A Column B

234536A A1 (9/23/11 14:16:34)

234536A A2 (8/12/11 11:16:34)

234536A A3 (10/02/11 14:16:34)

234536A A4 (9/23/11 18:16:34)

I've tried using vlookup with Max/Min or Large/Short, and it's failure.

I'll be really appreciated if you help me with this problem.

Felix, if you start a new topic you will better help: http://chandoo.org/forums/forum/ask-excel-questions

You may need to use an array formula.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I am a small business owner in Eugene, Oregon USA. I have always loved Excel and our EMS system has given me many reasons to use it. Generally I am running text reports, using Monarch to extract the data then pasting that into my dashboards.

I noticed that my Google searches frequently led me here so I thought I should join the conversation and not just lurk.

Mike

hello.

this is austin in new york, just started a business and need some tips and tricks.

Chandoo, you look like a wizard i'm sure you won't disappoint in that regard. thanks for the help already, looking forward to you easily answering my future questions.

Hello,

My name is Nelson have been visiting this site on occasion. It has proven to be a great source for inspiration when working on reports/dashboard techniches and data visualization.

Thinking about taking a few classes at this time.

Hello,

my name is Magda, I'm from Poland. I work as an accountant, but also I make some financial analysis and business plans. Excel - initially just a useful tool - became my hobby, when I found a great polish forum: http://www.excelforum.pl/

(unfortunately most of you can't understand polish and google translator can be helpful, but is not perfect...)

And of course I love Chandoo's site.

My name is Kerstin from Sweden, I'm not really anywhere near an Excel hero, but would love to be epecially a my business role is getting more and more into Business analysis (which I love but which frustrates me as I can't do what I want in Excel)

Hi

My name is Rob from New Zealand. I am working as a business analyst and i use excel often for a whole range of things. This site is great - i have picked up lots of tips and tricks since i found it earlier in the year. I have especially enjoyed learning about and trying to develop dashboards. The next steps for me are around learning some VBA coding to add extra functionality. Thanks!

Hallo,

I am Adell, a financial manager from South Africa. I have been using Excel since it was a baby :) - started off with Lotus 1-2-3 way-back-when..This site is great as previously I had to figure out the "how to do this" on my own by trial and error.

Hi I'm from Sydney Australia. I want to learn more about Excel. I have always found it challenging and exciting to learn new things and new ways of doing things. I'm sure I will learn a lot here.

Hello everybody,

I joined in last night. After browsing through various other excel sites, this one seemed the best. The topics discussed here are very very helpful. Chandoo - kudos!! fyi... I graduated from AU as well.

Cheers,

Supat

Hello everyone, just joined this forum today! I am a marketing consultant that focuses on marcom project management. I am struggling with making pretty charts/graphs from complex data tables in Excel and this site came up! Looking forward to getting some help! :)

hi!!!!

Mi name is Gustavo Sebastiani, i'm from Perú and i alway visit your web, i have mi own excel's web called www.excelnegocios.com.

You are a crazy Excel...Congratulations... and my english is very bad but I'm going to talk to you.

Hi there

I am in need of help, my boss has created a 'basic' spreadsheet for a project I am heading, but there are so many columns it makes no sense to me at all!

I have to produce weekly stats but everytime I get them wrong!

It's really hard to use a large spreadsheet someone else has set up and need some help. I can't pretend I like Excel at the moment but I am looking for help!

Hey it's Chris,

I am not a excel wizard but want to become one. I love your web site and the content your provide. I will post questions regarding your project management templates since I am finding a hard time putting all together. Especially the burn down charts.

I hope this nice community can help me on my way to excel magic!

Enjoy your day-

Back