• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding XL version

As mentioned in # 3, the Mr Excel forum is on the same platform and they have it, by means of check boxes and in threads it is shown on the avatar.

1707573108725.png

1707573151138.png
1707573025150.png

Status update: Sadly, I've not been able to get a hold of Chandoo or anyone who can actually implement the change to the forums. Continuing to try and reach out. Maybe they're on travel? :(

Status update: Sadly, I've not been able to get a hold of Chandoo or anyone who can actually implement the change to the forums. Continuing to try and reach out. Maybe they're on travel? :(
So, on LinkedIn he replies and on his own forum not? Onslow says... :DD
1708073434945.jpeg

@all
I have added a custom field to User Preferences
have a look and tell me what I set mine to?

Nor me.
I've added my Excel version in User Preferences, but I can't see it showing up anywhere else.

Same here. Added it in the preferences, but can't see it anywhere else.
Maybe it needs to be moved to the Account details section for it to show up in the threads, @Hui.
Should have added that info earlier, sorry for not having done that.

I've added mine. I would have expected it to appear under my avatar in this thread, but it doesn't. Can't see anyone else's, either.

Thanks Hui. I see under Preferences where we can enable something, but like the others I don't see that info being displayed anywhere.

I imagine there's a switch that needs flicking somewhere so that it appears like this (screenshot from MrE):

1708672883628.png

G'Day All
I have found another setting and tweaked that, so not sure if have to log out/in to enable it
If it doesn't show up, I dont have God mode access to go further into the setup
So maybe a Question for Chandoo

G'Day All
I have found another setting and tweaked that, so not sure if have to log out/in to enable it
If it doesn't show up, I dont have God mode access to go further into the setup
So maybe a Question for Chandoo
Thanks for trying Hui. Is there a good/better way to contact Chandoo? It seems like we need more of a super-admin presence in the forums. I've not been successful in my attempts to reach out to him.

I'm sure it's not dead: somebody is paying to maintain the platform and keep it ad-free. It does seem, though, that whoever that is does not have any interest in facilitating this improvement, for watever reason. It would be courteous of that person to at least let the membership know one way or the other instead of leaving us hanging.

I'm not sure what's worse: an owner who is not interested in their forum or one who claims to be, but does nothing to back it up. I have direct experience of the latter.

As it's not a major concern, in case of any doubt any helper can first ask the poster what is the Excel version used …​
To Hui : what could be easily done is to add a sticker about the Excel version before to log in​
or just modifying the one about the sample file …​

Marc - you can continue to do what you like. Whether or not it's a major concern is completely irrelevant. All those asking for it want to know is if the owner is happy to implement it or not (and it is demonstrably easy to do so). All the owner needs to do is say 'yes' or 'no' rather than just ignoring the request (which is discourteous).

My answer has no link with what I like but just about some logic …​
If any helper has a specific solution according to a particular Excel version​
so before to waste time the helper can first ask at least the poster about the Excel version used.​
If many helpers do this, maybe after a while the benefit to include the Excel version within the profile could be seen as obvious.​
As far I've seen within forums the Excel version is often not filled / updated within the profile …​

so before to waste time the helper can first ask at least the poster about the Excel version used
Looks contradictory to me, as asking for an XL version is already a waste of time...
This being said, is it so difficult to add an Excel version option to a profile ? Every forum I am on offers the possibility except here
If many helpers do this, maybe after a while the benefit to include the Excel version within the profile could be seen as obvious
I would not bet a penny on that, considering that on most forums OP's often don't even read the forum rules or advice...

As far I've seen within forums the Excel version is often not filled / updated within the profile …

My experience is the opposite - most people do fill it in. And it saves time in most cases.

It's a simple thing to implement: why rail so hard against something that might not be of any use to you, but would to everyone else in this thread? Seems you're just interested in being contradictory here.

Back