• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.
N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just the other day I posted a question about my entire computer resetting. As I guessed, you were right. I can't find your answer here but I know I saw it somewhere, probably via email. Anyway, thank you for your answer. I wish I had the problem solving insight that you have.
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi ,

Thank you. I think I posted it in a conversation with you.

Narayan
    Hello sir,

Not an Excel question, but if anybody knows the answer to this, you do. I just got home from work and started my PC. Everything has reset. Back to the standard desktop wallpaper. Internet Explorer Favorites are all gone. It is IE 11. I also have to reconfigure my entire Outlook email profile. I don't want to go thru all of this.
    Do you know what happened? Can I get back my previous settings?
    Dear Narayan Sir,

Congratulations!!!!
    You are awesome!!!

Regards,

Zameer Shaikh
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Zameer ,

Thank you. I don't think so !

Narayan
    Narayan, I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I'm desperate to get an answer to my challenge. I have a massive workbook with 300 sheets, all containing email addresses in varying cells that I need to consolidate onto one sheet. Can you help?? Thank you Fv
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Fernando ,

It can be done with VBA ; is that acceptable ?

If yes , can you upload a sample workbook with say 3 worksheet tabs , and about 10 email IDs spread out in the 3 tabs ? It will make it easier to test.

Please ensure that the email IDs are all fake IDs.

Narayan
    Hi...
    Please clarify my below doubt...
    A Column would be the Invoice starting # 001
    B Column would be the Invoice Ending # 050
    After i use all this invoice day by day, i should come to know how many balance in C column
    assume i have used 5 - 1st day
    2 - 5th day
    6 - 10th day..
    Hope i get the answer to me ASAP...
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Vijay ,

Two points :

1. If your requirement is urgent please post in the forum , since otherwise due to a difference in our time zones , I might not see your requirement for hours.

2. If you can upload a sample workbook , you are almost guaranteed a solution. Can you do this ?

Narayan
    Hi Narayan.

Are you able to help me on an excel query i have on a spreadsheet.

I am quite new here so i dont know how to attach the spreadsheet which has the query in it. Please guide me on how i can get the query and the attachment to you for your assistance. Thanks
    Raj
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Raj ,

You cannot attach files to a conversation ; you can upload to a question in the forum.

It would be better if you post your question in the forum , since there is a chance that others may be able to help.

In case you cannot post in the forum , you can send me the details and the file to narayank1026 [at] gmail [dot] com.

Narayan
    Sir .. I want to try a simple algorithm in excel . I wanted to find whether a sentence has a word i wanted it to have and return me a boolean value . For example, if love is my word and the sentence is "I love my pet ", i want the formula to return 1 to me. How to go about this formula sir ? Is there a way to do this sir? Please help.
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Vivek ,

Try using : =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A1,B1))

where A1 will have the word you wish to look for ; in your example , it will have the word love.

B1 will have the sentence in which you wish to look for the word love ; in your example , it will have the sentence :

I love my pet

Narayan
    V
    Vivek_xl
    Thank you so much sir . Can we use the formula like , =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Word1,B1),SEARCH(Word2,B1).......) and get a single boolean result ? Please help me on this sir .
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Vivek ,

The problem in this case is , what do you want the result to be in the following cases :

1. None of the words matches with the text

2. At least one of the words matches

3. All the words match

Narayan
    Hello Narayan,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of your replies. You are very polite, patient and very thorough in your replies and explanations.

I am very greatful for your help. I can tell you know quite, not just about Excel but many other topics too. Do you by chance live in Northern Virginia?
    Reactions: JonBiegen
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi ,

Thank you.

I am at present in Auckland , New Zealand.

I like the way you are very thorough in your learning process ; makes me want to contribute. Most of time , I learn through your eyes !
    Sir,

Why do we entertain persons like Tropical?
    Waste of time,money,etc.

Regards,
    AM
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Ashish ,

I don't look at it that way ; I am sure people who are impatient here will be impatient on other forums too ; most probably , they will receive similar reactions from those forum members.

Hopefully they will learn not to be impatient ; after all they are more in need of a solution than the forum is in need of their question.

Narayan
    Sir, I said before and I will say it again. you are awesome. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. greatly appreciated.
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Yitzhack ,

Thank you for your kind words.

Regards ,
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi ,

I am sorry but it's quite late at night for me ; is it OK if I post an answer tomorrow morning ? I will be logging off shortly.

Narayan
    I have one array B3:E6, I want to enter in this array only numeric value. I entered one value in the array (ex 32) again I enter repeated the same value in the array anywhere, then I want to show error massage like “Check again” otherwise ok. How I can solve this problem through data validation or other method?
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi ,

Can you see if the formula I have posted works or not ?

Narayan
    Hi Friend,
    How are you?
    Can I Ask you for a favor? I have some doubt from excel. Can u clear it. ?
    I think I forgot to congratulate you on your 5,000th post
    I known it happened sometime around the transition to the new Forum and I was traveling in Indonesia
    So Congrats
    Hui...
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Hui ,

Thank you for remembering ; however , as I said it earlier , I always think of people like Aladin Akyurek on MrExcel.com , whose number of posts is around 60,000 ! And when I go through that site I see that almost everyone refers to his posts as the ultimate reference. Compared to such people , I feel very much like a novice.
    Hi Narayak991, I always wait for your reply to any of the question asked on the forum. Your reply is always very unique and descriptive to understand it well. Your explainantion is awesome.
    Reactions: monalisa
    N
    NARAYANK991
    Hi Anupam , Thank you for your appreciation ; I will try to live up to your expectations. Thanks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back