• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Issues on Project Portfolio dashboard

lalande

Hi all,

I have an issue on the Project Portfolio dashboard VBA V1. When I put 100% on a task , it appears with ### in the gant chart. Have you an idea ?

Thanks

Attachments

• PM.png
    PM.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 29
Hi lalande,

Welcome to the forum, it's difficult to see exactly from your picture, but have you tried making the column width wider?

Hi lalande,

Welcome to the forum, it's difficult to see exactly from your picture, but have you tried making the column width wider?

I'm having the same problem, and yes I've made the column width wider and still am getting the "#####" instead of the 100% showing. Anything entered that is less than 100%, such as 99% displays correctly.

Hi Donna ,

When ever you see a display such as #### , just place the cursor in that cell , and press F2 and F9 ; this will show you what the real calculated value is ; after you have seen the value , press the ESC key to leave the formula , if any , as it is.

If you can post the formula which is giving you this display , we can solve the underlying problem.

Narayan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Donna ,

When ever you see a display such as #### , just place the cursor in that cell , and press F2 and F9 ; this will show you what the real calculated value is ; after you have seen the value , press the ESC key to leave the formula , if any , as it is.

If you can post the formula which is giving you this display , we can solve the underlying problem.

Narayan

Hello Narayan - Thanks for the reply. As this is occurring in the Portfolio dashboard I purchased from Chandoo.org, I didn't create the formula. The macros are already included in the dashboard when it is downloaded and so I didn't change anything beyond making the column wider on the off chance that the "####" displaying instead of the 100% entered might be only be related to the size of the data entered - which as mentioned didn't work.

Hi Donna ,

Thanks for giving the background information. I never suggested that you have created the formula ; I am interested to know what the cell contains.

Have you tried pressing F2 and F9 , and seen what the cell contains ?

Narayan

Hi Donna ,

Thanks for giving the background information. I never suggested that you have created the formula ; I am interested to know what the cell contains.

Have you tried pressing F2 and F9 , and seen what the cell contains ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan - Yes I did and what is showing is 100% in the spreadsheet, but when the information is pulled into the dashboard the "####" is what is displayed.

Hi all,

I have an issue on the Project Portfolio dashboard VBA V1. When I put 100% on a task , it appears with ### in the gant chart. Have you an idea ?

Thanks

Hi Islande - Were you able to get this working correctly? If so, can you post the steps you used?

Hi Donna ,

I hope when you say it shows 100% in the spreadsheet , you are referring to the dashboard , and not some calculation tab from where this figure is being retrieved. If not , please check on the dashboard itself.

Please note that all you can do is to reduce the number of decimal places in the cell format ; if the column width is insufficient to display the value in the formatted font size and number of decimal places , all you can do is :

1. Reduce the font size
2. Reduce the number of decimal places.

Narayan

Hi Donna ,

I hope when you say it shows 100% in the spreadsheet , you are referring to the dashboard , and not some calculation tab from where this figure is being retrieved. If not , please check on the dashboard itself.

Please note that all you can do is to reduce the number of decimal places in the cell format ; if the column width is insufficient to display the value in the formatted font size and number of decimal places , all you can do is :

1. Reduce the font size
2. Reduce the number of decimal places.

Narayan

Hi Narayan - Yes I was referring to the actual project activities info entered into the spreadsheet table on the Project Plans tab and not the "hidden" Calculation tab. I just tried reducing the font size and that didn't work either, the decimal places are already set to zero so I can't adjust that.

Hi Donna ,

So you are confirming :

1. You reduced the decimal places to 0.

2. You increased the column width to a reasonably large setting.

3. The cell does not contain a formula.

4. The cell contains the value 100%

If all of the above is correct , then the only conclusion is that the value is padded with blanks either trailing or leading. Also , the value is being put in that cell by means of a macro.

Can you check either of these ?

Narayan

Hi Donna ,

So you are confirming :

1. You reduced the decimal places to 0. They were already set to 0, so I didn't have to change that.

2. You increased the column width to a reasonably large setting. Yes

3. The cell does not contain a formula. Not in the spreadsheet, but it does have a reference and formula on the calculation tab, which is "hidden" and I've not changed anything in.

4. The cell contains the value 100% Yes - the spreadsheet has the cells already formatted to display as percentage, so when I enter 100 it displays as 100%

If all of the above is correct , then the only conclusion is that the value is padded with blanks either trailing or leading. Also , the value is being put in that cell by means of a macro.

Can you check either of these ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan - Please see above for replies to each of your questions and here is the formula contained in the cell on the Calculations tab: =IFERROR(INDEX(lstPlans,$C29,G$27,$C$22),"")

Hi SirJB7 - Thanks for the reply to my question. The link I used to download the product was provided via an email after my purchase information was completed:

EDITED (SirJB7)
Hi, Donna!

I edited your posted link since even it has expired for downloading, it exposed your personal information.
When I ask you to post the download link I assumed it was a free download one, I apologize for not having warned you before. In general terms you shouldn't post links to commercial software.

Now regarding your issue I hope you could solve it within this thread.

Regards!

Hi, Donna!

I edited your posted link since even it has expired for downloading, it exposed your personal information.
When I ask you to post the download link I assumed it was a free download one, I apologize for not having warned you before. In general terms you shouldn't post links to commercial software.

Now regarding your issue I hope you could solve it within this thread.

Regards!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Hi Donna ,

I think , in the absence of the workbook , only Chandoo or his representative can answer your question. The formula you have given is on the Calculations tab ; the value from there is being transferred to the cell in the Dashboard presumably by means of a macro.

Since you say that if you put 100 in the cell in the Dashboard , it displays 100% ; this is somewhat of a departure from the normal , since if a cell is formatted as Percentage , then a value of 1 is displayed as 100%. However , this is not very important ; what it shows is that the cell font size and column width are capable of displaying 100% if the cell really contained 100. Since it shows #### instead , it means the macro is putting some error value into the cell ; under what conditions this is happening will be known only if the workbook is available , and since you have purchased this from Chandoo , it is advisable that you take up this matter with him , preferably by sending him an email.

Narayan

Donna

Can you please post the file here or email to me ?
ihuitson at gmail dot com

Hui...

Hi,

I'm also using Chandoo's Dashboard and I do not have the same issue you're describing (see file attached).
Do you want to post me your file so I can have a look and compare your version with mine ?
you can post it at sylvieetpatrick at gmail dot com

dashboard.jpg

Hello My name is Lucinda and I'd like to know how to the password to unprotect the Project Status Dashboard provided on Chandoo's site -- thank you

Hi ,

Can you clarify whether the file you uploaded is a free product which you have downloaded from Chandoo's site , or is it a paid-for product which you have either received or downloaded from either Chandoo's site or any other site ?

I have temporarily removed the file from your post ; if you confirm that is a free downloadable file , I will restore it to your post.

Narayan

Hi ,

I think you have not read the fine print !

Download the project management dashboard excel file
Unlike other downloads on Chandoo.org, this file is locked. You can purchase unlocked version along with 23 other project management templates – Click here to buy it.

• To download the locked version of project management dashboard excel file click these links: excel 2003, excel 2007
  • To get an unlocked version of the dashboard along with 23 other templates, click here.
Narayan

Back