• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hello .. Introduce yourself

Hi All,
I am Deepak, just joined chandoo as per my friend's advice. I am a beginner in excel vba, although I know much, but want to get better n better in excel. I need all of your support as I have joined as MIS Exec. in a an IT company.

Sure Jawahar, I need alot of helps from all of you, as my boss is asking for reports but becz no one was here before me, so I am collecting data from last 1 month from all the managers but now I have data but don't know how to prepare dashboards so that my director can see all in one go and analyse where we are standing. So thats why I need to learn, Pls Pls. help

Hello to everyone!!!! :)
I'm an Italian girl but living in Canary Island.
I don't speak English very well but I will try to understand

I love Excel but I know only 1% of its capacity...
Zero .... about VBA... for the moment :rolleyes:
I'm crazy about your charts, and I'm here for this reason
Besos
Dilly

Hello. I've just joined the forum. I probably should have done this long ago since I have been using information from discussions posted for a number of years. Anyways, I'm glad I finally took the step to begin asking questions rather than searching day and night for answers. I look forward to posting.

Cheers!

Hi, I'm UniMord from Far Rockaway, New York. I'm a Data Analyst, and I spend far more of my day with Excel than I do with all my family and friends put together. I'm not sure this is such a good thing, but, I do love Excel. I was attracted to Chandoo's website because there's a pervasive spirit of excitement. It's about enjoying challenges, innovation, and discovery.

Hello fellow Chandoo'ers, I'm Dave from SoCal, USA. In one month I will have been working for 40 years--yikes. I began using Excel with, no kidding, version 1.0. But I know only a smattering of Excel but in my new job I'm working with Excel all the time and need help with a variety of questions.

Hi this forum has been handy for me for quite sometime, had some new quires now so thought of joining it for further betterment of my excel knowledge.
And must say a BIG THANKYOU TO CHANDOO.

Reactions: jdb
Hi - Have used the Chandoo templates before and found them useful. Still learning a lot about Excel - especially what can be done to automate procedures and using VBA. cheers Jeremy

Quick question--when using the project management templates, I seem to be doing something that is wiping out the date timeline on the x axis. I am not sure how to update the file, and then save it and all of the date without generating five digit numbers in place of the actual dates that should be showing. Ideas? what am I doing wrong?

Hi all,

I'm Chris, I'm from The Netherlands, I just turned 35. At my former employer I used Excel and SAP alongside each other. I followed a course on Excel Basics, but when I got the diploma for that, I wanted to move up to the Advanced training. I wanted to distinguish myself with a diploma for Excel Advanced, because I guessed most people could do the basics. Also, my colleagues were very good with Excel and I wanted to close the gap between my knowledge and theirs, so I could work more independently.

My work stopped and I'm now working for a different employer, for which I hardly use Excel. Still, I'm trying to finish the Excel Advanced training, purely for myself and because the opportunity to finish it is given to me right now. Without the daily routine it's hard to master it, though. So, practise and getting some routine with Excel Advanced is bringing me here, after my teacher told me about this brilliant website.

Hello Everyone! Greetings from Sao Paulo, Brazil
My name is Didson New, and I work coording regulatory projects of products certification. I am a passionate Excel user, people here call my workbooks systems "dilsonilhas", a mix of my name and spread sheets... lol
Excel has enabled me to keep track of everyone's projects, kpi's, so on, and I am always looking for ways to improve the tools for the several teams who use it in their daily work, as well as for me, to access the most reliable information all the time.
I have never considered to be part of a forum before, but by only reading some posts in here for a few minutes, made me really want to make part of it.
Everyone seems to be really friendly and knowledgeble. Hopefully I will be able to help too :)

Hi Good day! everyone MonioDee here from Philippines, Im an avid fan of excel VBA however there is no any short courses offer in my country regarding VBA, I have created some through copy paste via internet resources, I hope someday and someone could ever give a tutorial on how create or work with it, coz there are some things I needed so bad that cant find by just simply browsing, thanks to the future help guys have a great day everyone.!!! ;)

Hi! My name is Fábio Negreiros!
I'm a Project Manager at Microsof, based in Brazil.
I'm working with excel since ever, and I consider myself a VBA & automation expert. Please feel free to ask for help. I'll be glad to assist anyone.

You sound like someone who would be able to help me with my crazy Power Query and Formulas stuff!! haha
The best thing is your Brazilian, so would you know how to fix the dam dates formating when using vba and cells values?? haha
Nice to see a fellow Brazilian in here!! :)

@Didson New Pereira
Hi!

This thread, The Lounge, is intended for introducing new users at this forums, neither for interacting with other users (you can start a conversation -which is private- with them) nor for posting questions (you should start a new topic in the appropriate forum).

About your question, I have the same problem since I'm from Argentine -até mesmo falo um pouco de português (even I speak a bit of Portuguese )-. I recommend you to use constructions like this:
Code:
[a1].value=format(now(),"dd/mm/yyyy")
and have the target area properly formatted:
Code:
Columns("A:A").NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy;@"
More indeed you may use "mmm" instead of "mm" for avoiding any possible misunderstanding.

Regards!

PS: Please do not answer here, if necessary start a new thread. Thanks.

Hi. I joined the Forum just a few days ago. I'm here from New York City. I am a Technology Trainer by trade, and a huge Excel fan. I'm a Certified MS Excel Expert (2003, 2010, and 2013) and Certified MS Office Trainer. The more I learn about Excel, the more I realize that there is so much I don't know - being certified means my learning has just begun. I'm hoping this Forum will help become a real Excel expert. The folks here are amazing!

Hi!

I'm new here today, although I may be recognised by members here who frequent a few other Excel boards, as I have been a member of several for some time now. I have often used Chandoo tutorials, but did not get round to looking at the forum until today. I look forward to continue learning about Excel here and hopefully helping out a bit. :)

Hello. I am Mokhsein Abdullah from Malaysia. I have been working with MS Excel for so many years that I have lost count. Anyway I consider myself still a novice. I am here primarily because I believe that it's never too late, since everyday that you wake up still breathing is another day that God has given you to learn something new.

Hey Good Afternoon.

My name is Clare and I am a self taught excell user. I do pretty well considering I haven't had training but I have a lot to learn, I look forward to learning more from the forum and hope to be able to help to.

I am the Sales Director for a Home Fragrance company so I use spreadsheets a lot. x

Greetings All,

New to Chandoo.org. Just started listening to Chandoo's podcasts yesterday. (CP001 & CP002 so far). I work with Excel everyday. Most of the time I think I work "harder" rather than "smarter". Hoping to improve my level of Excel-smartness to spend less time on tiresome data entry tasks. Excel is great, but I have only scratched the surface of its capabilities. Hope everyone has an excellent weekend!

For Chandoo: Please keep up the great work!

V/r,

B.E. Beck

Back