• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Weight Scale Chart - FunChart

Debraj

Excel Ninja
Hi Folks,

Hope you may find it interesting.. :)

Weight Scale Chart.PNG

Just few basic Math calculation.. and few use of plotting right AXIS on RIGHT side.. and secondary Plot to match accordingly..

Let me know, if you find it interesting and need more details..

PS: looking for your suggestion.. on how to make it more realistic.. and few suggestion.. so that.. Higher weight always come downward.. :)

Feedback are welcome..

Attachments

• Weighting Scale V1.xlsx
    40.6 KB · Views: 159
Hi Deb ,

I am not so sure about what this scale measures ; when I increase the value in cell B7 , the left pan goes up ; if I reduce the value in cell C7 , the right side pan comes down.

Narayan

Hi Deb ,

You could enhance it with a pointer down the middle of the balance , which will swing like a regular balance pointer ; if the left side pan comes down , the pointer should swing to the right , if the left side pan goes up , the pointer swings to the left.

Narayan

Hi Deb ,

It would be better if the pointer is below the beam ; normally such scales are held by hand at the top , so the pointer swinging below the beam would look more natural.

Narayan

Hi @Faseeh !

Sabah el kheer! Glad that you like it.. ;)
Give some time, hope will manage to apply the suggestion.. and if you want to improve it.. marhabaan..

Hi Deb,

Innovative!!! keep bringing more and more.

How about adding the weights(datalabels- 3D polygon shapes) on the weighing scale plates. That should make it look more realistic.

Hi Lohit.. WOW.. nice idea.. and glad that you like it..
In 2013.. we can change Image / holder for the DataLabel.
I can adapt... but will not work in < 2013 version..

Still here is the updated version.. :)

Weight Scale Chart.PNG

Attachments

• Weighting Scale V1.xlsx
    40.6 KB · Views: 151
Hi, @Debraj (ex-Roy)!
I missed this thread. Very interesting, I like it!
Regards!
PS: Actually I arrived here after reading the "sooner" article by mail... it took 10 days only.

I think you can adjust it by adjusting the pointer that is placed on the middle of that scale. Now most of the people are using digital scale so its hard to adjust these scales and get accurate measurement.

Nice one Deb.

I don't do charts so I find it incredibly fascinating when does something like this.

If I could suggest something then in the version posted at post#10.

Set cell C5=100
and in D7=C5-B7

By doing this the balance rod will remain straight and the movement will look proportionate.

@Andrew11
Hi!
Because @Debraj (ex-Roy) loves to chat with us. And so do we. Besides, you can't trust on everything that's on internet. Are you aware that anybody can post anything at forums?
Regards!

mgangs

Did You check that file? ( #10 reply )
Did You check blog? ( #11 reply )
If You'll have still more questions ...
... then open a new thread.

Back