• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Visualizing Years, Companies & 4 financial variables in a single chart

Hello all,

Need to quickly visualise 3 variables ( Company, years, Financials) in a single stacked bar chart.
Can some one help.

regards,
kaushik

Attachments

• Q.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 23
Wasn't sure what you wanted. Here's a few sample charts

Attachments

• Q.xlsx
    19.9 KB · Views: 40
hi,
i too thought it would look overcrowded, but someone from my office was insisting hence posted here. Solution I offered was somewhat similar to yours but through Pivot charts and slicers. Thought yours is much a great example of structured usage of Vlook up and match ! None of these straightforward approaches clearly indicate how financials are inter-related ....ie. 1) percentages of financials within a specific company for the given number of years and 2) how trends in (1) compare to peers... Guy who threw this at me is a CA and is looking for some number crunching and in a consolidated single graph. He was looking for a stacked charts to bring out relationships. Thanks anyway for your efforts and reply.

You can try a panel chart to explore such inter-relationships.

I have used absolute values, but you can also try with indexation. That can show sharp changes compared to initial values in 2011

Both pictures embedded below.

Absolute values trend:
SNAG-0074.png

Indexed values trend:
SNAG-0075.png

Attachments

• multi-variable-data-kaushik.xlsx
    19.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi,

Not sure if I have misunderstood your original post but see attached?

Show a stacked chart for the variables, by year, by company???

Data is the same just reorganised via pivot table.

Attachments

• multiple variables.xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Thank You Gregor! Yes, Stacked Bar Chart was the original requirement. Your Pivot Graph helps!
Also thank you R1C1 Admin Chandoo Team - Those Panel charts are really cool and am happy to learn a new approach. :)

Back