• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to place date in several columns

I would like to be able to enter the date in column A and have it also enter in several other columns. How would I go about to do so? It will start in A and go across as far as column RF

Attachments

• ENTER DATE.xlsx
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
Can't you simply enter in C5, E5, G5, I5 and K5 simply enter =$A5
Then enter your data in A5

If you want to select each cell and enter different dates in each

Select the cells A5, C5, E5, G5, I5 and K5
Now in the Name Box Directly above cell A1 type in a Name for the range "myRange"
Now you can select that range at any time using the Name Box (above cell A1)
Once it is selected, simply type your dates and use Tab not enter
Excel will jump from A5 to C5 to E5 etc

Hui,

Let me okay around with your suggestion. Are you saying to out this in a Macro or formula? Right now I'm doing A=3004+7 in the cell and in 3001 I have a date from 7 days ago bit I have to drag the formula up each time. Then I go to the other columns and do the same

I was hoping to click on a button "Next Date" and it out the dates in for me. Maybe your telling me how Idk but will okay around with your suggestion. Thanks

Hi Jack,

Hui's suggestion is just a formula, not macro, similar to what I wrote in other thread of yours.
In this case, it sounds like each row just needs to refer to col A, in which case the basic:
=$A5
will work (copy to any cells you want)
I don't understand what you mean by
A=3004+7 in the cell and in 3001 I have a date from 7 days ago
Please try to use cell references to let us know what you are referring to.

I am using that + 7 for the calendar portion so that the next date would be 7 days after the last day of the week for example Sat to Sat. See my attached spreadsheet and you will see what I am doing. I want to be able to place click on the work Date in A1 and have it update all the dates where you see the word date in the proper column/ row

Attachments

• Date plus 7.xlsx
    267.4 KB · Views: 7
Correct this Paragraph:
When you click on Date, we are putting (today's date, Saturday of this week, ???) in cell _______. The cell (above/below) it will then be ___ days (after/before) that day. Column G, N, etc. will then be equal to col A.

In G1, N1 U1 etc simply put
=$A$1

or if they are meant to increment by 7 days
G1: =A1+7
N1: =G1+7
then copy N1 to U1, AB1, AI1 etc

Thanks guys!!!
Correct this Paragraph:
When you click on Date, we are putting (today's date, Saturday of this week, ???) in cell _______. The cell (above/below) it will then be ___ days (after/before) that day. Column G, N, etc. will then be equal to col A.

yes Saturday of this week will actually be going in cell A12 which will be June 21, 2014 BUT lets use Friday the 20th since that is the date I have on the sheet that will be going in cell A12. Then the cell above that in 11 will be June 24th which is 7 days from A13 June 17 Column G will be equal to that correct

Jack

In your last file posted above "Date plus 7.xlsx" Row 12 is clearly empty

You then go on to say "Saturday of this week will actually be going in cell A12 which will be June 21, 2014"

and now your saying that=$G30 in cell G12 etc

I am totally confused as to your requirements

I still have to drag the cells up when a new date is entered. Correct? I am looking for a way to enter the date say in A12 and it place them in the other columns without me having to go to every column and drag them up. OR are you telling me to put A12 in all the other column cells and drag it up to begin with? If so, I will have cells filled with 0's

When I place the formula in the cells and drag them up I get a 0 in all the cells I copied it to. I can go to the ref cell and click the space bar on it and the 0 will be hidden. Two questions

Can I do this without hitting the space bar?
Why am I getting a circular ref error?

Attachments

• CIRCULAR REF.png
    CIRCULAR REF.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 4
  • click space bar.png
    click space bar.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 4
Back