• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Code Gone!

I opened my file, as usual, and all the code is gone. Bringing up the VBA editor and clicking This Workbook, for example, shows nothing. I did not save the file in a different format. What happened?

Paul

Did you start from a *.xlsx or *.csv etc file and then add your code?
If you didn't change file types to a *.xlsm that is why your code is gone

Thanks, but it's been in xlsb format forever. I did retrieve a prior version which was fine and reconstructed any changes I'd made since. But I'd still like to know what might have caused this.

The link said, Clearly clicking on Excel: Developer: VBEditor: Tools tab: Macros: Edit one macro corrected something! But I can't get this far. I cannot see any macros to edit. They've all disappeared.

Do you have a backup ?

Can you share the file here ?
I had a slightly older version of the file and I updated that. But I don't want it to happen again.
The file is 70MB so I can't send it. That brings me to another issue--is there a diagnostic tool out there to identify why the file is so large? It was at 25MB for a long time, and then I added many, many graphs and the size zoomed. But if I delete all those graphs just to test file size, nothing much changes.
Paul

Once again hard without seeing it
Remember that Excel files are simply fancy Zip files
Some data like straight data and tables stores really well
Other data like Pictures or Logo's don't store well
Also avoid Pivot tables where you add data to a Data Model

Back