• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

#Value! Cause by external link

Hi,

Is there anyone can help me to fix the error which cause by link?
Actually, this formula link from other PC's path, if we view in author's PC, it is ok. After sending out to me, i see this kind of error.
Please see below picture for more detail.
Thanks for response.

SUMIF function require the linked workbook to be open, otherwise it will return #VALUE! error.

You can fix by using SUMPRODUCT function instead of SUMIF and could keep the result when the linked workbook is closed, as in :

=SUMPRODUCT(--(criteria_range=criteria), sum_range)

Regards
Bosco

put an
=Iferror(existing formula, 0) or
=Iferror(existing formula, "")
around your existing formula
I might confused you. If i apply above rule, the result would show as 0 or "".
Let me clarify my issue.
I got this file from my friend (Someone who create this file). If it is opened in my friend's PC, it is ok (It show the number).
But when i open this file in my PC, it show this kind of error.
Thanks

SUMIF function require the linked workbook to be open, otherwise it will return #VALUE! error.

You can fix by using SUMPRODUCT function instead of SUMIF and could keep the result when the linked workbook is closed, as in :

=SUMPRODUCT(--(criteria_range=criteria), sum_range)

Regards
Bosco
Thanks for your response and tip.
Actually, the source file is in my friend's PC. He make this formula by linking source file in his PC. So when he view in his PC, it is ok.
But if i open it in my PC, it becomes error like this (I think it might be there is no source file in my PC).

Back