• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Userform Update Data

Roxy15

I am VERY new to VBA. I have attached a userform that end users will use to record data for the same record at least 3 times. The worksheet will be submitted monthly. The macro button on the first tab opens the userform where all data will be entered. I can get all of the data from the userform to the spreadsheet on the 2nd tab with no problem. The Case# is the identifier for all updates to that row of data. My problem is that i don't know how to retrieve the data into the userform that was already entered for the selected case #. In summary, i would like to retrieve entered data, update the data and submit back to the worksheet. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• CROWE.xlsm
    66.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi,
Like this?
Select a record in the list to edit.
You can search on Case# and Name.

Attachments

• CROWE(chandoo).xlsm
    61.1 KB · Views: 19
OK - so I tested the form and have a couple of questions (or edits) if you don't mind.
1. the Case# listbox at the top can be a standard text box as the user can select from the Search list at the bottom.
2. I did have problems using the Search. When I selected Case #/Last Name and typed in the information in the blank field and Edit record, nothing happened.
3. to search I was able to use the spin to find the case, select and make changes, which is AWESOME!!!

Can you assist with #1 and #2? My mind is blown, your code is so clean... I can't wait until I get to your level. Thanks again.
:):)

Hi,
I've adjusted Question 1.
For question 2.
Step 1. You search for the case#, the numbers that do not match the search criteria disappear from the list.
Step 2 When you have found the right case # you have to click on the right case in the list.
Step 3Then make the changes in the textboxes.
Step 4 click on the Edit button.

Attachments

• CROWE(v2).xlsm
    59 KB · Views: 11
1. For the Search section, can you make the case numbers descending?
Everything else looks wonderful. Thanks again for your help.

Now you have a combobox in the search section where the case numbers are sorted descending .

Attachments

• CROWE(v3).xlsm
    50.5 KB · Views: 7
Hello. Thanks again for your help with this project. Unfortunately, I have been asked to add more fields of data and I don't really understand in your code where to put the new fields. If you have time, will you please comment out each of the subs so I know what it is supposed to do? and if you could, please add the newest fields (4 - highlighted on spreadsheet) to the current data set? I attached an updated spreadsheet with the new fields. Thanks again.

Attachments

• CROWE_Audit_Form_newfields.xlsm
    43.6 KB · Views: 5
I don't know how to mark this question as Solved.
Is there not a button on top of this thread?
Thanks for the feedback.

Belleke - will you please assist me one more time with the file above? Crowe(v4).xlsm
I need to remove the Case # (CT_00) and make the FIN (CT_01) the search criteria for (CT_24). Thanks!

Back