• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Userform Update Data

Roxy15

I am VERY new to VBA. I have attached a userform that end users will use to record data for the same record at least 3 times. The worksheet will be submitted monthly. The macro button on the first tab opens the userform where all data will be entered. I can get all of the data from the userform to the spreadsheet on the 2nd tab with no problem. The Case# is the identifier for all updates to that row of data. My problem is that i don't know how to retrieve the data into the userform that was already entered for the selected case #. In summary, i would like to retrieve entered data, update the data and submit back to the worksheet. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

Roxy15

OK - so I tested the form and have a couple of questions (or edits) if you don't mind.
1. the Case# listbox at the top can be a standard text box as the user can select from the Search list at the bottom.
2. I did have problems using the Search. When I selected Case #/Last Name and typed in the information in the blank field and Edit record, nothing happened.
3. to search I was able to use the spin to find the case, select and make changes, which is AWESOME!!!

Can you assist with #1 and #2? My mind is blown, your code is so clean... I can't wait until I get to your level. Thanks again.
:):)

Belleke

Hi,
I've adjusted Question 1.
For question 2.
Step 1. You search for the case#, the numbers that do not match the search criteria disappear from the list.
Step 2 When you have found the right case # you have to click on the right case in the list.
Step 3Then make the changes in the textboxes.
Step 4 click on the Edit button.

Attachments

Roxy15

1. For the Search section, can you make the case numbers descending?
Everything else looks wonderful. Thanks again for your help.

Roxy15

Hello. Thanks again for your help with this project. Unfortunately, I have been asked to add more fields of data and I don't really understand in your code where to put the new fields. If you have time, will you please comment out each of the subs so I know what it is supposed to do? and if you could, please add the newest fields (4 - highlighted on spreadsheet) to the current data set? I attached an updated spreadsheet with the new fields. Thanks again.

Attachments

Belleke

I don't know how to mark this question as Solved.
Is there not a button on top of this thread?
Thanks for the feedback.

Roxy15

Belleke - will you please assist me one more time with the file above? Crowe(v4).xlsm
I need to remove the Case # (CT_00) and make the FIN (CT_01) the search criteria for (CT_24). Thanks!