• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unhide a single row in a group of hidden rows

Hi all--

I have 50+ workbooks with 1-5 worksheets per book. All of the sheets have groups of hidden rows (order forms hiding less popular items). My task is to find items we no longer carry and delete them. To open each sheet and unhide all the rows and remember which were hidden after deleting one row is a scary thought (a double root canel is only slightly more daunting). Any thoughts on how to take away some of the dread? Thanks in advance.

LCD

If you want to delete all the hidden rows and keep a record of them

You could write a macro which will

Loop through all the worksheets

Loop through all the pages

Find all Hidden Rows

Make a Record of which Workbook, Sheet, Row and Data

Delete the Row

Continue

Assuming they truly are hidden, and not filtered, you should be able to do this:

Select the entire column to search

Bring up the find dialogue, do a "Find all" on desired item

In the bottom half of the Find dialogue, click, then hit Ctrl+A to select all the found cells.

Select the workbook, hold Ctrl and hit "-"

Delete rows.

Still manual work, but no hiding/rehiding of rows. I'd still recommend writing a macro to loop through everything, but it could follow these steps pretty easily.

@LCD

Usually Ctrl "-" brings up a dialogue to ask you what you want to delete, unless it's obvious (if I have an entire column selected, XL knows I want to delete the column)

Back