• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

To Do List -VB interface

Ashhu

Dear Users,
I have been using the simple To Do list posted by Chandoo (http://chandoo.org/wp/2013/01/07/todo-list-with-priorities/) some time back to track activities with the priority.

I have modified original sheet with VB code to suit my need. Hope it will be useful and shall use it. I request for suggestions and feedback.

Attached "To do sheet" can be used to track the everyday tasks, user can enter details of the task and set priority. next day when you click on "Next Day" Button at bottom it will copy unfinished task to current date and copy finished task to "Report" tab.
You can print the report from last tab.

:awesome: @Luke M helped me to get VB coding and i bought few additional changes.

Hope this helps.

-Ashwin :)

Attachments

• To Do List -Chandoo.xlsm
    58.4 KB · Views: 301
Ashwin

Very neat

My only comment would be to change the code where it checks if the next day already exists to:

Code:
If Not wsDest Is Nothing Then
  MsgBox "Today's sheet already exists."
  ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(shName).Select
  Exit Sub
End If

That way it will take you to the next days worksheet

Ashwin

Very neat

My only comment would be to change the code where it checks if the next day already exists to:

Code:
If Not wsDest Is Nothing Then
  MsgBox "Today's sheet already exists."
  ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(shName).Select
  Exit Sub
End If

That way it will take you to the next days worksheet

Thanks @Hui , your encouraging words means lot !

Attached updated sheet.

-Ashwin

Attachments

• To Do List -Chandoo.xlsm
    58.5 KB · Views: 198
Would the spreadsheet formatting be altered if I add 2 columns at the end, one for notes and one for due date (if applicable)? Would like to be able to have running updates for each task, aside from the task itself, so I know where I am at with the project, and so efforts aren't duplicated.

Last edited:
Dear @geumbre
Firstly, Welcome to :awesome: Forum.
Thanks for liking this post.
i understand from your query that, you need to have addition two column with Due date and Notes along with current ones.
Please check modified sheet to suit your need, let me know your feedback.

Attachments

• To Do List -Geumbre.xlsm
    68.2 KB · Views: 403
Dear @geumbre
Firstly, Welcome to :awesome: Forum.
Thanks for liking this post.
i understand from your query that, you need to have addition two column with Due date and Notes along with current ones.
Please check modified sheet to suit your need, let me know your feedback.
Hey, thanks! I wasn't expecting my own sheet, but this is exactly what I need. I appreciate the extra work on my behalf :)

Okay, now that I've started using this, I have a few questions.
1. I didn't think about it at the time, but in addition to the "Due Date" column, I would like to have a "start date" column (it could be in column C).
2. Is there a way to sort the items based on priority or due date? I'm afraid to use the standard sort features, but if there was a "Sort" button at the bottom that would sort by due date, that would be useful. I actually wouldn't even need the Priority column if the list could be sorted by due date.
3. Is there a way to add more lines (ie more tasks) beyond the 25? I want to keep one to-do list, rather than multiple, and I need to keep a running total of what I have in progress so I don't lose projects. Can I just add cells in, or will that mess up the formatting?
4. Last one is just a request. Could the "Next Day" button (and "Sort" button, if I get one) be placed at the top of the document? I don't need the percent done chart, as this list is a running list of projects and will never be completely "done". If this is an option, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Okay, now that I've started using this, I have a few questions.
1. I didn't think about it at the time, but in addition to the "Due Date" column, I would like to have a "start date" column (it could be in column C).
2. Is there a way to sort the items based on priority or due date? I'm afraid to use the standard sort features, but if there was a "Sort" button at the bottom that would sort by due date, that would be useful. I actually wouldn't even need the Priority column if the list could be sorted by due date.
3. Is there a way to add more lines (ie more tasks) beyond the 25? I want to keep one to-do list, rather than multiple, and I need to keep a running total of what I have in progress so I don't lose projects. Can I just add cells in, or will that mess up the formatting?
4. Last one is just a request. Could the "Next Day" button (and "Sort" button, if I get one) be placed at the top of the document? I don't need the percent done chart, as this list is a running list of projects and will never be completely "done". If this is an option, please let me know.

Thanks again!
Hello G
Sorry for getting back to you on this, the change requirement stated by you are all achievable. kindly bear with me, i will work on this change and update you. I am tied up with other works right now.

thanks for understanding.

-Ash

Thanks Ash for your work on this project.

I have been using the spreadsheet as well to help keep track of items and find that having another button to update the report list with the items completed throughout the day would also be very helpful.

I have tried to update the VB code to make this happen on mine, but I'm having trouble as I'm not that experienced in this area.

Dear James,
Good to heat that Tracking sheet is useful for you.
I am little confused with what you are asking here, the Report tab will copy all completed task when you click on Next Day button next day currently.
Are you looking for additional button to see only today completed?
If you can provide some screenshot with the requirement, then its easy to get to the result.

Hello Ash,

The request is for a button to be added to refresh the report page with the task completed within the same day versus having it ONLY update when the next day tasks are copied over. For example, if I complete 5 tasks between 8:00a and 12:00p, I hit the update button and these show up on the report sheet.

This in addition to geumbre's requirements would be excellent!

-James

Attachments

• 2016-05-18 10_05_04-Microsoft Excel - To Do List.jpg
    2016-05-18 10_05_04-Microsoft Excel - To Do List.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 215
This to-do list is great, however, I did want to reach out and see if someone can help fix one time. I noticed that if I do a wrap-text or if I try to open up the height of the column the check-box become misaligned. How can this be fixed? Unfortunately, my to-do's tend to need a little bet more detail. Thanks for the help and feedback.

This to-do list is great, however, I did want to reach out and see if someone can help fix one time. I noticed that if I do a wrap-text or if I try to open up the height of the column the check-box become misaligned. How can this be fixed? Unfortunately, my to-do's tend to need a little bet more detail. Thanks for the help and feedback.
Oh, and, when I go to add additional rows, that also messes things up a bit.. What's a good fix for these two items?

Back