• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Thank you!

Sajan

Excel Ninja
Hi,

It has been almost a year since I joined this forum. I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for giving your expertise so generously, and asking some great questions.

I still remember vividly my first post and quick responses from Luke, Narayan and Haseeb. Having never posted anything to any forums, I was not sure about what to expect. Needless to say, the first response within minutes of my post solidified my liking for this forum and respect for its experts.

While I have always been able to do whatever I needed to do in Excel, my methods were certainly not optimal. I can honestly say that by reading and responding to the various posts here, my understanding of Excel has improved. As such, a big THANK YOU to all of you!

Those of you who are reading this post as newbies in this forum.... I would certainly encourage you to try and respond to as many questions as you can, since it is only going to help improve your knowledge of Excel. From my own experience, I can assure you that it works!

I hope to continue to contribute as best as I can, while also learning from all of you. Thanks to Chandoo for providing this platform, and to all of you for making it great!

Regards,

Sajan.

Hi, Sajan!

You're welcome and from my part thanks to you too, I could now post links to your formulas whenever people say that I build scrambled and unintelligible ones. :=P

Regards!

PS: BTW, Chandoo uses to make a simple gift (golden iPads last time, like at Burj al Arab in Dubai) for 1st anniversaries... so good luck!... Who knows what would you get...

Sajan

Thank you for this kind post and thank you for your contributions to the Formula Forensics series

I concur with "I would certainly encourage you to try and respond to as many questions as you can, since it is only going to help improve your knowledge of Excel." and I feel I get much more out of this forum in terms of learning than I put in.

This purely comes from the research and solutions required to solve such a wide range of problems.

Good day SirJB7

"golden iPads last time, like at Burj al Arab in Dubai"...and we settled for a Carlsberg :)

Sajan,

Few people wield formulas like you do...there are so many brilliant minds here that there is something new to learn everyday. I make it a point and try to check out new threads everyday here.

Online forums if used effectively are one of the best resources of learning. But you must be focussed enough to know what you need!

@Sajan.. congratulations on completing one year. I am sure many more agree with me when I say "your formulas are some of the most brilliant I have ever seen".

I wish you many more years of knowledge, happiness and passion in our forums.

@SirJB7: Golden iPads...? I shipped 2 to you when you reached 1 year. Must be lost in transit or a greedy delivery guy took them? Since then I stopped giving them away.

Thank you all for your kind words!

SirJB7 and Chandoo,

Great question about the iPads, and an even greater response!! You made my day! I think your Q&A should get added to the "Genie in a Lamp" series of posts! :)

-Sajan.

Back