• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Text to Columns in Excel 2007

Whoever locked the worksheet has disabled that functionality

Can't you get them to unlock it ?

Sorry I should have given a bit more explanation regarding my query. I am the originator of the protected spreasheet and I want to allow users to do "Text to Columns" only for a certain (unlocked) cells in that sheet keeping all other (locked) cells protected. Let me know if I am still not clear - Hari

Hari

That's clearer

I'm not sure you can specifically enable/disable that functionality, but selecting the area and allowing editing should enable it

Also you say within a certain range of cells, but what would stop a person inserting say 20 column markers of 1 character each, effectively adding 20 columns to your worksheet. Can your model accommodate that?

Hi, pvharibabu!

I've tested that and I couldn't bypass the disabling of text to columns feature when sheet is protected even over an unprotected range. So, I stick to my previous comment, you ought to unprotect it first.

Regards!

Thanks Hui. I have unlocked only a certain range of cells as my data in those cells is an output from a software program which would be in a standard (text) format all the time - Hari

Back