• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sparklines for Excel 2003

Busymanjohn

This should be an easy one to answer .... I'm using Excel 2003 ( although would love my company to move to 2007 or 2010 ) and I've started looking at adding Sparkline graphs into some of my Dashboards ... and I found a neat little add in that allows spaklines to be used in 2003 version. While searching through Chandoo's site for any topics on sparklines I came across one article ( submitted by the guru Hui ) that suggests you can add values ( as well as conditional formatting ) to sparkline charts by extending the range a few cells beyond the data ( so taking in some blank cells )allowing you to add a value into these cells ( as say to highlight the end value of the data range )... is this possible with the add in tool also or does this only work in versions after 2003?

Hi Hui ,,, I have the TinyGraphs.exe add in, although looking at the suggested sourceforge.net from Vijay this looks good also ( little bit more detailed but will try it out ).

Hey guys ,,,, looked at the http://sourceforge.net/projects/sparklinesforxl/ sparklines add in for Excel 2003 .... I like both ( this one and TinyGraphs.exe ). Still looking to understand if it is possible to add a value into the start or at the end of a sparkline as Hui had mentioned ( http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/05/18/excel-sparklines-tutorial/ ) using =na() ..... is there a way to do this with the add in or is it only possible with 2007 and 2010 versions ?

Hi Guys

First of all, I suggest you get Sparklines for Excel from my site directly (Sourceforge version might be outdated) : sparklines-excel.blogspot.com

Busyman, send me an email sparklines.excel@gmail.com and I will forward you and example file. Basically you can try a formula like > lineChart(A1:F1)&"my_value" < then format the cell in order to have the text "my_value" aligned left or right inside the cell.

If you only have data in cells A1 to D1, some space will be reserved for E1 and F1 empty cells, leaving space for your text.

But why don't you use another cell (before or after the chart cell) for labelling purpose ?

Fabrice!

I <3 SFE. But I have a question. I have a project that uses your absolutely awesome addin. In the past, I've run the addin locally on my machine and printed the report to PDF for distribution. Now, there is a need to distribute the workbook to many people---likely not all of which will be able to install the addin. Is there a 'best practice' way to pack the macros into the addin? Or do I need to start from scratch using the template file?

Hi Fabrice, Thanks for the update, your sample file is a huge help and will help me with more awesome Dashboard creations. Keep up the great work. Thanks

Dan_I !

if you are using XL2007, just copy all your Sheets in a SfE template file (for XL2007).

The file should run without installing the add-in, but with 500ko extra weight.

For XL2003, you can do the same, but the template file version is not up to date, so some features might be missing.

template file for XL2003 is here : http://www.box.net/shared/qf4qiv5svf

XL2007 template is available on my blog's landing page

Back