• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Some interesting analysis of Chandoo

OldChippy

I'm not sure about the stats here:

I know that in April Chandoo.org had 1,571,224 page views as I have access to that data and that doesn't include the Forums ( >1,000,000 views per month) and Chandoo classes sites (No idea here).

From the stats page "The majority of visitors come from Portugal, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, United Kingdom, Azerbaijan & Tanzania."

It is a pity members do not put down their location, would be nice to know how many live in places such as Portugal and Singapore

@Hui..

I suppose you have a point there with the stats, but when you put in other well-known Excel websites and compare, he's doing really well and presumably their stats also are questionable?

@Old Chippy

I was surprised by the spread of countries in the URLM demographics analysis

I have access to Google Analytics which directly monitors Chandoo.org

Looking at the demographics for May:

[pre]
Code:
Rank	Country		% Visits
1	United States	38.85%
2	India		12.62%
3	UK		9.98%
4	Canada		4.76%
5	Australia	4.53%
6	Singapore	1.65%
7	Germany		1.34%
8	Netherlands	1.16%
9	South Africa	1.14%
10	Philippines	1.09%
[/pre]
Which is a lot different to URLM

Interesting Old Chippy.

To make it accurate, let me share few more numbers.

In April 2013, we have 1.57 mn page views on blog portion of site. (it was 1.19 mn in April 2012).

We have another 250k views in forums (compared to 110k views in forums in April 2012).

We also have 66,000 RSS subscribers (RSS, newsletter emails etc.). This number was 41,000 in April 2012.

We have added 139 posts and 8100 comments in last 12 months.

I do not have specific stats about forum member growth or post growth (although I have detailed database). I will probably download a snapshot of that and dump in mysql > Excel and do some analysis when time permits :)

any other stats you want to know.

PS: @Oldchippy... Thanks to Chandoo.org, I am almost retired now. (Ssh, its a secret, do not tell anyone :p )

Sajan

Here is the Page Visit Demographic stats from April 13 - May 13, 2013, contains Country and City data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo14w6spqv6dhwu/Chandoo%20stats%20Apr13-May13%202013.xlsx

I hope Chandoo doesn't mind me posting them, but there is absolutely no personal info contained within them

@SirJB7

Hi, myself!

So long...

Sight passing thru Hui's worksheet rows I found...

Antigua and Barbuda, Saint John's

Aruba, Oranjestad

Bahamas, Freeport & Nassau

Barbados, Bridgetown

Belize, Belize City

Caribbean, Netherlands

Cayman Islands, George Town

Maldives, Male

Martinique, Fort-de-France Bay

Netherlands Antilles, Philipsburg

Réunion, Saint Denis & Saint-Paul

Saint Kitts and Nevis

Saint Lucia, Castries

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Kingstown

Saint Maarten

Solomon Islands, Honiara

Trinidad and Tobago, Port-of-Spain

Turks and Caicos Islands

... and I wondered if I were in those places what should I have done?

Start attaching a couple of loaves of C4 to desktop PC and blow it, then sinking notebook & smartphone into the deepest marine trench I found...

Maybe after a few weeks, not so few, I'd borrow a phablet to check if any mail from my beloved... but surely I wouldn't enter to Chandoo's website... after a few months maybe... well, not so few...

<Place here a long sigh>

Regards!

Good Morning my old friend SirJB7

After reading your last post I think you need to go back to the Doctors and get your eye medication changed, your mind is on a one way trip to lala land before long you will be singing "we all live in a yellow submarine" :)

@b(ut)ob(ut)hc

Hi, old dog!

Good morning for you too.

If were at Saint Maarten, ha, first thing after wake up would be access this site...

:)

Regards!

@SirJB7

That's the sort of thing to say when your looking for a promotion!

@Hui

Hi!

Something strange is happening at this topic, would you read my last comment to b(ut)ob(ut)hc and check if my uploaded file works? OP & me have the same OS, same Excel version and he says the workbook behaves differently. Thank you.

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/freeze-at-a-row#post-102153

Regards!

Thanks Hui for posting the City rankings.

I recognized quite a few places near me (though I did not see the specific city I am in). I guess I should not plan a "block party" for Excel enthusiasts anytime soon! :),

-Sajan.

Back