• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Show yearly trends on a line graph

Jim240888

I have a sheet with daily water meter readings. This means there is a consumption value and an associated date.

I've created a straight forward line graph showing consumption over time (over 3 years). What I would like to do is limit the graph's x-axis to the 12 months (so the axis states months only, there is no year associated) and have a new line for each year so that yearly trends can be compared.

I can do this by splitting out each year but that becomes a bit laborious and fills the sheet up. I'd like it if I could keep adding to the two columns (for date and value) and the graph to automatically split to years.

Thanks.

Jim

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Can you please attach a sample file with some data for us to review

Attached is some sample data. As you can see I have a graph plotting daily consumption against data. Can I get this to show a line per year with the x-axis showing Jan - Dec?

Thanks

Attachments

• Sample Data.xls
    41 KB · Views: 9
@Jim240888

Hi,

Please have a look of attached file. I had created Pivot Table from your data and grouped it into Years & Months. Than Extracted data Month & Year wise and plot them on a graph.
P.S. This may not be a perfect solution.

Regards!

Attachments

• Sample Data.xlsx
    30.4 KB · Views: 19
Back