• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Show Chart Only If Populated

Diane

I have several charts relating to employee responsibility. The charts are used to help track progess of these employees.

For example: Sally Smith is 20% complete with A, 40% complete with B and 0% with C.

Diane D. is 0% complete with A,B and C.

In this example I don't want Diane D.'s chart to show up.

Is this possible???

What about using a technique like

http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/08/31/dynamic-chart-with-check-boxes/

where each chart is a Camera Tool/Shape controlled by a formula

So if the value is zero it doesn't show a chart otherwise it does.

You won't use Check Boxes to control the chart change, the formulas will do it for you.

I'm gonna give this a try. Not really what I was intending but it's gonna make the boss drool! I'll let ya know.

Select the text box. Then, go up to the formula bar, type "=", then click on the cell you want it linked to.

Curious, what did you need the text box for? I thought you were using check boxes?

Luke, I meant Check boxes not text boxes.

OK...I followed the directions in the link above that HUI posted. I'm at step 4 and don't know what the formula is supposed to do. The instructions say to load the table up with formulas....what would the formulas be?

In the link, it says formula would be:

=IF(C$13,C4,NA())

In words, this is:

=IF(Cell_linked_to_checkbox,Cell_with_Data,NA())

aka,

If the checkbox is true/checked, give me the data. If not, show NA.

Hmm. IF you're still wanting to hide the whole chart by using the camera tool, you'll need to use a formula like the one chandoo talks about here:

http://chandoo.org/wp/2008/11/05/select-show-one-chart-from-many/

If you want to just turn on/off series, the formula would be:

=IF(Cell_linked_to_checkbox,Data_cell,NA())

E.g. from link:

=IF(C$13,C4,NA())

OK...I'm back. I am using the chart type that Luke M suggested. It's exactly what I want. I am having difficulty with the "named range" part of it. I need to make the drop down list like Chandoo is showing. I can't get the named range part to save or something...it doesn't show up in the list above the A1 cell.

Once you input the Named Range formula (and give it a name), make sure you hit the "add" button before hittin "ok". I know that confused me for a little bit.

Back