• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Problem with Project Portfolio Dashboard [SOLVED]

Chanron

Hi there -

I am having a problem with adding more than 10 projects to the dashboard.

In the Project Details Sheet: I use "insert" command to add more rows, number them (9,10,11,etc.), add the project names as well.

Then I go to the Project Plans Sheet: I copy all of the last Table from Project 10 and Paste that data right next to it skipping two columns as is done in the other sheets.

I then click on the new table (Table 11) and change its name to "Plan11", I also change the formula for the project name from INDEX(lstProjects,10)to INDEX(lstProjects,11)so the table name gets pulled correctly.

When I go back to the Dashboard and look at Project 11 the activity field is blank - like it is not able to pull any info from the Project Plans sheet. Also when I close the file - I get a runtime error '9' - Subscript out of Range message.

Pls help me work this out. I would really like to use this for more than 10 projects.

Thanks, Chanron

Hi, Chanron!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about questions in general...

If you haven't performed yet the search herein, try going to the topmost right zone of this page (Custom Search), type the keywords used in Tags field when creating the topic or other proper words and press Search button. You'd retrieve many links from this website, like the following one(s) -if any posted below-, maybe you find useful information and even the solution. If not please advise so as people who read it could get back to you as soon as possible.

And about this question in particular...

Which version have you bought? 1, 2 or 3? Or have you downloaded the locked version?

1) Project Management Templates

26 Project Management Templates

Including - Gantt charts, Project Dashboards

Special Bonus: Chart Design e-book

6 Months free updates

30 day money-back guarantee

All for just $30

2) Project Portfolio Templates

5 Project portfolio Management Templates

Including - Dashboards, Gantt Chart & Time line

6 Months free updates

All for just $30

3) Project + Portfolio Template Pack

26 PM + 5 Portfolio Templates

Including - Project & Portfolio Dashboards, Gantt Charts, Trackers & Project Charts

6 Months free updates

All for just $50

Regards!

Hi there. I have looked around the site and not found any info on the problem I am having.

I am having a problem with Product 2 (Project Portfolio Template)when adding more than 10 projects to the dashboard. The 11th project does not pull the Activity Data into the dashboard.

Here is what I did:

In the Project Details Sheet: I use "insert" command to add more rows, number them (9,10,11,etc.), add the project names as well.

Then I go to the Project Plans Sheet: I copy all of the last Table from Project 10 and Paste that data right next to it skipping two columns as is done in the other sheets.

I then click on the new table (Table 11) and change its name to "Plan11", I also change the formula for the project name from INDEX(lstProjects,10)to INDEX(lstProjects,11)so the table name gets pulled correctly.

When I go back to the Dashboard and look at Project 11, the activity field is blank - like it is not able to pull any info from the Project Plans sheet. Also when I close the file - I get a runtime error '9' - Subscript out of Range message.

I have put the file in dropbox here: I'll take it down once this is solved. Thanks!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/172615863/My%20Portfolio%20Project.xlsm

Hi, Chanron!

If it's any of the three products you should contact Chandoo here:

http://chandoo.org/wp/contact/

Despite of this I'm gonna give a look to your file. I've never used it but the first thing I saw is that it raises an error at open time in this procedure of module dbCode:

-----

[pre]
Code:
Sub hideWarning()
Sheets("Home").Shapes.Range(Array("grpWarning")).Visible = msoFalse
End Sub
[/pre]
-----

as worksheet "Home" doesn't exist.

Regards!

SirJB7- Thank you for taking a look at this. Yes I deleted the "home" sheet. When I close the workbook, I was getting an error on the home sheet (big red stop sign) that "I need to enable macros to use this dashboard." But I have the macros enabled. I can view the dashboard sheet just fine. And I also still have the original problem with the activity not loading.

Thanks - Ron

Hi, Chanron!

I haven't had time yet to check it carefully, but it'd be better to have a copy of the workbook with the worksheet Home, unless you can assure me that it's just a sort of "Hello, world!" worksheet.

And I insist: contact Chandoo at the provided link, it should be your plan A, mine might be B.

Regards!

Hi, Chanron!

Glad to help you. Thanks for your feedback and for your kind words too. And welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

@SirJB7 - Hey there. I emailed him over a week ago and nothing...can you take a look at the above file for me? Thanks -

Ron

Hi, Chanron!

Would you please upload the original file too? As I told you earlier it'd be better to have both versions and check what happens.

Regards!

PS: BTW, don't worry, that guy doesn't answer my mails, neither if they're bumped up :(

PS2: Actually, worry a lot! You've paid 30 bucks for that file...

PS3: I'll join you worrying, I neither received the golden iPad nor the renewal of my black Amex.

Hey SirJB7- Here are both the original and other file. Yes a little disappointed I didn't hear back from him...$30 bucks is well $30 bucks... Thanks again.

Original:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The version I was playing with:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/172615863/My%20Portfolio%20Project.xlsm

EDITED (SirJB7)

Hi Ron ,

Have you tried modifying the named range lstPlans by adding the 11th plan there ?

The default is :

=plan1,plan2,plan3,plan4,plan5,plan6,plan7,plan8,plan9,plan10

Try changing it to :

=plan1,plan2,plan3,plan4,plan5,plan6,plan7,plan8,plan9,plan10,plan11

Narayan

Hi Ron ,

If you are using Excel for Windows , then click on Formulas , Name Manager , and check the list of named ranges.

If you are using Excel for Mac , I think it is in Insert , Name , Define or something like that.

Narayan

Back