• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table Drop Data here Option

simcat95

Hi all,

Maybe I have exhausted my quota for the week, but hoping I could squeeze in another questions.

For excel 2003, is there a way for pivot tables to just list the data in the "drop data Items here" area, rather than getting a count or sum.

Let me know if you need me to be more clear.

Thanks for your help,

Simran

Simran

This is not quite what you asked but may help

Double Clicking a Cell within a Pivot Table shows all the records that make up that cell

ie: If you double click the intersection of a Row and a Column you will be shown all the source recordds that made up that value

Similarilly if you Double Click the Row or Column Sub Totals and even the Grand Total, it will show you all the records that made up that total.

Thanks for your response Hui.

So I just did a filter one at a time, and got all the data into the buckets I needed

However now I have a problem I have a lot of blank cells in my table, which I will have to delete :( tedious

I am sure you will know this and it was also discussed by Chandu somewhere, but for some reason I don't understand how the last step is implemented. Maybe you can help me again :)

so I did a find on my table for all the blank cells and then highlighted them.

I just don't understand how to delete them.

Let me know if you don't know what I am talking about and I will find the topic posted by Chandu.

Thanks for your help

Simran

If you are having troubles with large datasets in pivot tables you may want to have a look at Power Pivot, which Chandoo has discussed previously.

It is only available on Excel 2010 which is still in beta

Have a look here

http://www.powerpivot.com/

Simran,

In my opinion stay with 2003 until 2010 is released

2007 wasn't a great leap forward

Back