• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

New Forum Celebration

Hi, Luke M!
Just passing by but don't want to omit joining you and all others appreciated members and Ninjas of this community.
Bill the Carlsbergs to my joint account with b(ut)ob(it)hc... but take care to write them down in his column. ;)
Regards!

Will the old forum be shut down eventually?
Yes, We will be doing a permanent redirect from old forum to new forum when anyone try to navigate there. After harvesting any remaining data (user favorites, may be tags), I will close down the old forum.

Wonderful !!! Love this feature of adding images. "A picture is a worth 1000 words". This reduces the posts asking the members to upload the sample excel files for simple solutions.

Thanks Chandoo & All. :)

Yeah this new forum is looking great! :) Initially my bookmark was opening the old forum but when i started from blog now it is opening this new one! BTW my avatar is missing i think i need to adjust it.

Thanks Sachin,

He is my son, Aditya. Looks much better than I do ;)

PS: I think some of the usernames now have the older tag. I remember when Sajan joined he posted as sthomas and off late, Sachin was posting as Throttleworks so those nicks have also gone with old forum.

Hi,
Does anyone know how to get a different name displayed as the username? For example, Sajan instead of sthomas.

Hi,
Does anyone know how to get a different name displayed as the username? For example, Sajan instead of sthomas.
This feature is not supported by new forum software. If you prefer, I can edit your username to Sajan. Let me know.

Hi Chandoo,
I would like to take you up on that offer to change my userID to Sajan. Thanks!

-Sajan.

Really it's look so good simple and beautiful

just for my knowledge i think to add the another threads they are

1. 0 replay threads

2. get the replays through mail when some one give the replay to a post

3. When we add the Code in posts then a copy button to be display in the code Tag

Thanks

Patnaik

patnaik said:
2. get the replays through mail when some one give the replay to a post
If you click on "More options" then posting reply dialog shows some more options and 2 check boxes at the bottom.
  • Watch This thread: If you check it then it will activate the next one.
  • and receive email notifications: And you will get notification for subscribed thread.
Just keep exploring the options :)

I think it is good feature which Chandoo has provided. We can "choose" when we get notification.

In some other [vBulletin based] forums the setting is little different. You automatically subscribe to threads you reply in. If you are not interested, you can then "unsubscribe" from such threads. I am not sure if this setting is available in this software.

The new forum software is a huge improvement: congrats and well done to everyone involved on the migration.

This forum is the best forum and the migration gave us the improved plateform to share our thoughts or ideas, to get familiar with other members. All this is like Icing on the cake.
Thanks to Chandoo and All for giving us this wonderful Forum.

Back