• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Named Range Reference through cell content

Sadhana

I have an effort tracking sheet which has column for each day. I have defined range name for each column. I need to show how amy cells has 'NA' in it for a specific range name. it should take todays date range automatically and show NA count for that perticular range. Is it possible?

Sadhanna

When you say NA I assume you mean the #N/A error

You can use the ISNA(Cell) function

Code:
=If(ISNA(A1),Value if true, value if false)

I mean to say cell containing text 'NA'.

I want a fomula to search for Range which has today's date in it' name and count 'NA' containing cells in that perticular column.

Sadhanna,

I am not very sure about your requirement.

If you want to count cells that has NA text in a specified range, then you can use COUNTIF function as follows:

Say the range is A1:A10, then your formula would be:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"NA")

If this is not what you are looking for, then please copy paste some sample data here or consider uploading a sample workbook here:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

Regards,

Kaushik

Thank you Kaushik,

I have posted my sheet on dropbox. would you be able to check it.

The range is already defined in the 1st sheet... I wnat to know what to know people who are 'NA' for today whenever I opent the sheet. for example if today is 30Nov and opne the sheet I need to know count of NA in today's column.

I hope it will clarify your doubts.

Regards,

Sadhana

Hi Sadhana ,

Try this :

=IFERROR(COUNTIF(OFFSET(Data_Range,0,MATCH(TODAY(),Dates_Row,0)-1,ROWS(Data_Range),1),"NA"),0)

where Data_Range is a defined named range referring to =!$D$2:$AH$33

Dates_Row is a defined named range referring to =!$D$1:$AH$1

In case you do not have Excel 2007 or later , you cannot use the IFERROR function ; instead you will have to use the following formula :

=IF(ISERROR(COUNTIF(OFFSET(Data_Range,0,MATCH(TODAY(),Dates_Row,0)-1,ROWS(Data_Range),1),"NA")),0,COUNTIF(OFFSET(Data_Range,0,MATCH(TODAY(),Dates_Row,0)-1,ROWS(Data_Range),1),"NA"))

Narayan

Hello,

I have following table. now I need to count "NA" in the column where the date matches with current date. In the following case the answer will be 3.

1-Dec 2-Dec 3-Dec 4-Dec 5-Dec

NA NA NA NA NA

pid pid pid pid pid

pid pid pid pid pid

NA NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA NA

Please help

Back