• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

interactive chart using combo box and check box

maradykstra

Hello,

I'm trying to create an interactive chart using a check box and combo box. There is an example on Web Analytics http://www.webanalyticsindia.com/2008-12-17/dashboard-design-tricks-using-combo-box-for-a-neat-treat/ but I can't see to connect the check box to the combo box (sorry still learning). Example:

I have three different flavors of ice cream, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. I'm taking data to see how many times someone is ordering it for each month. There are five different brands of ice creams--Dryers, Breyers, Western Family, Spotted Dog and Blue Bonnet. I'd like to use the check boxes for the ice cream flavors and the combo box for the brands of ice cream. So when I choose a brand from the combo box, I can hoose what check box to see how many times the flavors were chosen for each month. I hope that makes sense.

So far, I created my table for my check boxes and have a chart for one of the brands. Do I need to create 4 more tables for each brand and how do I connect the brands to the check boxes?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Do you have another dimension to your data: eg Year, Month or Date

Otherwise you don't need to select anything else

Making a dashboard is about:

Organising your data

Extract the data

Present the data

You use the Check and Combo Boxes to select data to do the Extract part.

Can you post your file somewhere ?

Hui,

I have months to my data. I can send you the file? I think you've helped me before with something and you had me send it to your email address. I can do that again if you like? I have all my data laid out already.

If you click the "Excel Ninja" below my avatar my email is at the bottom of that page

Back