• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Important Notice (For All) - Please Read

Hui

Excel Ninja
Staff member
To all Chandoo.org Forum Readers

In the past week we have had a number of posts which are blatantly flaunting the Chandoo.org Rules and Etiquette and hence clogging up the forums and wasting our time which should be answering valid posts not with administrative functions.

(You may not know that Chandoo doesn't feed us Ninja's unless we meet our KPI's)

The Chandoo.org Forum Rules and Etiquette are posted at:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/phd-forum-posting-rules-etiquette-pls-read-before-posting

As we are now getting in Excess of 30 new Posts per day if you break the rules you risk having the post deleted.

So...

Please post new posts for new questions

Please don't post multiple similar questions.

This Forum will only stay active and vibrant if people follow the rules.

Please assist us to assist you by understanding the rules when posting

Hui...

Forum members have shown their commitment to answering post and this commitment tends to take place over other matters, a commendable trait and not one to be reined in or curtailed, but it would help to clarify board etiquette, if when you see an hijacked post you do not reply to it in someone else post but a few lines posted to remind the poster to start a new post.If you come across a double posting answering it will lead to confusion and the board would soon become a mess with multi posts of the same question.

@Bob,

I think Hui placed full stop (.) in his post to end the discussion. :D

(If this is so feel free to delete this post.)

Faseeh

Good day Faseeh

You are probably right, but why not just close the post?

Hui please feel free to "tidy up" if I have strayed over the closure.

No, Your welcome to chat

I place a post with a . just to keep the post near the top of the Forum List for a few days so that it is fresh

As other people add posts I delete the . posts

Wordpress won't accept a post with a space

+

[list type=decimal]
If you post a question, check the answers and acknowledge the answer if correct or incorrect. We get a lot of posts with 1 answer and no feedback, so we're unsure if the answer is right or wrong or if the poster has even bothered to read the answer.
[/list type=decimal]

I am missing specially this one.. :(

Regards,

Deb

Yes Deb,

No feedback, is the biggest frustration when answering questions in this style of forum

Especially when you have gone to a lot of trouble to find what is hopefully a wonderful solution

Yes, this furstrates when i am waiting for confirmation from the OP and I don't get one. This also distructs the foucs. Problem should be stated all at once, and should be followed up, other wise, please donot complain. :)

@Bob, Just kidding!!!!

Faseeh

Hi, all!

I could not take and impasse that bad guys write anything... improper, I mean. Tell them I'm back (while I'm coming back).

Regards!

@Debraj Roy

Hi!

Your new avatar looks to me a lot like that of a brand of scientific calculators :=)

Regards!

Since I have joined this AMAZING forum... only two or three weeks, I have received so much help, and I am getting so much better at working with excel, I can not thank you all more for your help!!!!!

THANKS

Una

@Unab

yes you are correct, with this forum lot of people learn a beautiful course and clear his / her doubts and they become to a awesome in Excel and VB, for ex. take my self as like you i don't have any idea about the VB but now i can defense my self from the fighters

i think i have no words to tell our Ninjas and Key Master, they are always protect us as a Bruce Lee

so i would like to tell my hearty thanks to all our Ninjas by talking each person's Name

1. Key Master - Thanks

2. Hui - Thanks

3. SirJB7 (Pablo) - Thanks

4. LukeM - Thanks

5. NarayanK - Thanks

6. Faseeh - Thanks

7. Bobhc - Thanks

8. Forum Group - Thanks

Thank You All keep guiding us

SP

Hi, Hui, Debraj Roy, Faseeh!

Regarding this:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/please-read#post-85030

I totally agree with what expressed there about the lack of feedback when someone suggests a solution.

Many time I've thought that it'd be advisable to have topics with open/close attribute (available to OP and to Ninjas), I've even dreamed with constraints at topic creation time to restrict it if there were feedbacks pending from more than X days, and a many other ideas all towards the same goal: getting feedback about solutions posted.

Each idea had it pros and cons, mostly having more pros, but I don't know if it's the right institutional (website) time to implement them. I think that it isn't unless we go on with WordPress for a long time.

The following aspects of this "forced" feedback have to be considered and analyzed:

- if a user doesn't want to give feedback (and there are frequent ones for whom this apply), he might be posting anything (a dot, any text, even a stored text as in most of my standard replies) that wouldn't add any value to contribution's posters

- if a different user posts anything at other user topics just for forcing him a feedback to something that doesn't correspond, he might be forcing OP to post over just to be able to create a new topic (I agree that this offender user should be banned)

I'm not sure of how to implement it, but what I'm sure of is that we need something regarding this issue.

Regards!

Back