• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to save a copy of a *.CSV to *.XLS

Linda Chin

I use a VB script to format a MS EXCEL file and then save a copy of it to *.xls. The following command give us a messy look Excel file. while I use "SAVE AS to *.xls" manually, it works fine. Please give me some tips.

objExcel.ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs("D:BANNER_FINANCEGRANT REPORTSBGR777Enewbook.xls")

Linda

Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

a few questions:

Your post is titled "How to save a copy of a *.CSV to *.XLS" but nowhere in the post do you mention CSV files?

When you say "Messy", I assume you mean unformatted columns of Numbers, please elaborate?

Where are you running this code from? as within Excel you don't need the objExcel. part of the line

when I ran the following codes inside MS EXCEL, it worked fine. but, it does not work when I ran in a VB script from WINDOW. I am planning to schedule running this script nightly to convert 20 input *.csv files to Excel files with beautiful fonts and colors.

oBook.SaveAs "C:Book1.xls", xlWorkbookNormal <===this command is not working in VB script when I ran from WINDOW

oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:Book1.xls" <=This command does not give any error, but the output file is command delimited format. It complains error if I add this:xlWorkbookNormal

Sub test2()

'Create a new instance of Excel

Dim oExcel As Object

Dim oBook As Object

Dim oSheet As Object

Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

'Set oSheet = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

'Open the text file

Set oBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Open("D:BANNER_FINANCEGRANT REPORTSBGR777EBGR77CC.csv")

'Save as Excel workbook and Quit Excel

oBook.SaveAs "C:Book1.xls", xlWorkbookNormal

End Sub

Back