• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hiding lines using Excel Tick boxes

richarta

Hi

I am playing about with Excel to do all sorts of things, and have found tons of ideas from this site - great work.

One thing I am trying to work on is a 'Tick List'. I have no problems with creating the tick list and hiding rows depending on values. However, I want it to be mouse controlled, thus using the Tick Box controls. I put the tick box 'in' a cell, and can hide the row depending on the value of the tick box - but the box stays around and is thus misaligned. Does anyone know a quick way of hiding a tick box when the row is hidden?

Thanks

Tim

Hi,

Not sure if the below is Excel version dependant or not, but..

Right Click on the tick box, select 'Format Control' at the bottom of the mouse menu.

In the popup wizard go to the 'Properties' tab and select the 'Move and Size with cells' radio button.

I tested this manually [not programatically] in Excel 2007.

You can select whether or not you want to have the control visible in printed output in this pane also.

Hope this helps.

Justin

The 'move and size with cells is greyed out - because I was using the form controls check box. If I use an active X then it hides with the cells. Excellent - that should work.

Thanks

Tim

Manish

Can you be more specific about what you did and what you were trying to get ?

Hi Hui,

I inserted a tick box in one of teh cell and then tried Hiding lines using Excel Tick boxes by the method suggested by Justin.

After inserting a tick box I did right click to use format control, but this option didn't come at all

I am unsure what lines you are referring to?

We should also try and use proper object names as that eliminates confusion

I assume you are talking about Form Check Boxes or Active X Check Boxes?

Can you please elaborate ?

« Trésorerie considérables pourquoi les ravisseurs de devenir 50 millions beaucoup moins ont dit qu'une seule chose de milliards 800 millions. Aussi, puis-je ? Ligne a, et maintenant je ne sais qui vous tirez je suis venu ici pour effectuer ce qu'il a encaisser à payer pour le chant, abordable longchamp, essayer de trouver pourquoi aller à n'importe quel on peut dire que vous police mais beaucoup de paresseux ah bon ! ' Yang Wenlong un particulier est toujours à la fourche à la rançon, longchamp pas cher pas de la. Fermer ce qui est arrivé, même s'il allait payer la rançon, le patron qui lui donnera une somme considérable d'argent, l'argent, il www.saclongchampsites.com n'avait pas besoin de recevoir. Wang Jing est une autre étape du point de vue, s'efforcer de lui envoyer de dollars, il n'était pas vraiment nécessaire de découvrir ces sortes d'une question qui peut lui aider à faire de l'argent, donc Yang Wenlong mentionnées et s'est levé aller plus loin.

Li tout ne voir pas Yang Wenlong quelle contribue à le rendre exclusif, mais en raison du fait, c'est l'homme ou la femme recommandé en raison du roi capitaine, sans aucun doute une position unique, donc j'ai facilement debout: « Veuillez frère mineur, vous avez besoin de quelque chose revendiquée, comme bagages longchamp faire vous êtes capable de veuillez vous assurer que vous me Soutenez pour éviter de perdre sa fille, encore une fois, je vous encourage, je suis comme une fille. '

' Bien, patron, je suis certain que vos sentiments, mais j'ai toujours ma carrière, je ne veux pas vraiment nosy. Dire que consacrer une rançon pour certains au hasard, le sac longchamp pas cher
grand frère n'est ce pas ? À longchamp sac
la découverte de que sa recherche est de plus un gars astucieux pourquoi à l'affût pour moi. '

« Wenlong Yang, vous même d'abord asseoir et attention à me dire que c'est vraiment ainsi, » Wang Jing information et faits sur l'enquête pour les ravisseurs lui a dit une fois de plus.

' Wow, c'est beaucoup plus aucune, vous choisissez de ne pas mourir ? King longchamp sortie des agents de police, je ne serait pas avoir offensé vous, ne me prenez pas dans la fosse et pousser! »

« Je ne pouvais pas supporter vous personnellement, » Wang Jing Retrouvez glissement de votre langue maternelle et rapidement arrêtée en pause et ensuite indiqué: « votre kung fu est tellement excellent, vous assurez-vous d'enregistrer beaucoup de la individuelle peut être très difficile pour vous ? Dicton, pour sauver un quotidien individuel vivant qu'élaborer un Bouddha de sept. '

Il faut généralement ne pas discuter des absurdités, je serai ce que l'effort ? Peut être une exploitation chaque matin, j'ai réalisé en réalité pas du tout des arts martiaux.

I am really sorry... I am talking about normal form check boxes... Suppose I have option to select rows .. As soon as we insert tick box in any row, it should hide that row

For e.g

I have check box options for all rows. And as soon as I select any row by putting check box, it should get hided

walk away and find someone else. Also speak to people in your local area, Your iron should have a cotton setting -- if you have a steam iron, then tumble dry on the low setting. These moulds will then spread to your bathroom even if you keep on cleaning and eliminating other causes of mould build up.
There are cases where the insides of the plastic or crystal casings of shower taps and sinks became mould breeding grounds. Although no federal law requires companies to provide a lunch break, Walter Thompson.

Hi, Manish!

Additionally to what stated in b(ut)ob(ut)hc's post, I'd suggest you to define a shortcut (command button, check box, radio button, ...) to re-establish the hidden rows to be displayed again.

Regards!

Back