• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with an IF formula

Andy_Leslie

I'm trying to collate data in the attached file. I need to be able to sort and collate data based on 3 variable columns and a range of possible choices.
X has 2 variables 1 or 3, Y has 6 variables 1 thru 6, and Z has 11 choices A thru K. I first need to group all X choices to then calculate the total time and cubic meters per pond then allocate this per irrigator then per block and then display the total flow per block per pond.

Thanks for any help.
Andy

Attachments

• Sample for help.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 9
Basically I'm trying to calculate amount of water from a lagoon to a block. This is so I can calculate total nitrogen applied. We have 2 lagoons 10 possible blocks with 6 possible irrigators. I run a spreadsheet with these option for each day with start and stop times and are trying to automate the collation of this data sets.
I figured that IF would be the way to sort it into a table i.e if this is true then put it here through the possible options.
Thanks

Sorry man, I still couldn't figure out, what's going on.
Could you simplify the sheet?
Or even better, can you make a worksheet with only data that's needed for calculation (without any extra infos)?
Then create another sheet in the same workbook with an example? I mean example data AND example output. That would be very helpful.
I'd like to help, but I can't figure out what should be done.

P.S.: There are cells that collect data from another Excel Workbook. I think you could leave them out in the example.

Thanks in advance
Pete

I have tracked the references back to the source table and processed the rows as arrays.
I assume the 30 is the number of days in the month?

Attachments

• N2 requirements (PB).xlsx
    17.2 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for your help.

Both are good solutions for the problem. I hadn't thought of converting it to a pivot table.

Peter, I think the 30 you refer to is the flow rate of the irrigator. This can change if I add restrictions to them.

Back