• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help Building Dashboard (DB) to Track Performance for Client Service Team

JoelExcelNovice

Thank you to everyone in advance for your help. I am writing because I am in need of support building an Excel dashboard to track performance of our client service team, and monitor the health of our client base on an ongoing basis.

Let me tell you a bit about my business before I get into the Excel dashboard details. It is a market research and consulting company that operates with an annual membership business model. A client will join our membership for a year and have unlimited access to our 5 product lines. The end goal from a sales perspective is to renew the client membership year after year for the long-term.

We are maturing as a business and are interested in tracking how client product utilization correlates with membership renewal (i.e. identify trends around what combination of products over a membership year are most likely to lead to a renewal). We have invested in a Client Service Manager team to drive product utilization, so this dashboard will be used to drive their activities as we identify trends in product utilization.

I hope this is making sense, as even my internal team has had difficulties.

Please read on for what I could use your help building in Excel.

Final product: An Excel Dashboard with three levels of information:

1) Sheet 1 – Executive View

a. High level data/graphs to communicate with our senior executive team on the health of our client base on an ongoing basis

2) Sheet 2 – Client View

a. A view that lists all of the client accounts and tracks their utilization of each product line on an ongoing basis

3) Sheet 3 – Raw Data

a. Data dump with all original data that is then pulled into Sheet 2/Sheet 3 that allows us to looks back and check for data accuracy

Challenges:

1) Data Repository: Utilization data for our 5 product lines are stored in 5 different repositories. We do not have a standard client company naming system, so each product line will internally call the client something slightly different (ex: ‘COMPANY LATAM’ ‘COMPANY Latin America’ ‘COMPANY Ltd. LA’) – this makes it difficult to pull all of the data into one excel tracker (thinking about creating Parent names that link all the sources together)

2) Client Differentiation: For any given client company we work with an executive who has budget decision-making authority and additional users on his team. In creating this dashboard we want to differentiate between these two types of users. The assumption would be that the more direct interaction we have with the executive who purchased our services, the higher the likelihood that he would renew his annual membership.

Is anyone willing to take on this project? Does anyone have any good ideas on how to structure this dashboard? As you can tell by my name, I am an Excel novice and could use any assistance that anyone can offer. I appreciate your help, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how to build tis dashboard. Thanks!!!

Have you gone through Chandoo's extensive Dashboard tutorials and the myriad of examples presented here for ideas?

With regards consulting:

You probably should email Chandoo directly at http://chandoo.org/wp/about/ and ask for consulting rates to develop such a system to do what you want,

or

Daniel at ExcelHero.com http://www.excelhero.com/contact/contact.html

You will need to spend a bit of time scoping what you want, inputs, outputs, standards for names, reference tables etc

Back