• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula using less than in GETPIVOTTABLE?

trixits

I have 2 Pivot tables

- Installs by Group, Source

- Daily User by Group, Source

These tables are ever changing, growing daily with new data.

Ultimately, I need to figure out how many users came back today (Daily Users) that installed prior to today (Installs) by GROUP and then, by SOURCE, separately.

I am working with this but I know it doesn't work b/c GETPIVOTTABLE doesn't appear to take less than (<) parameters.

Installs By Source "ad", for Groups "a" and "b" (combined)

=IFERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("Count",Pivots!$B$3,"Installed",<DATE(2013,3,24),"Group ID","a","Source","ad")+GETPIVOTDATA("Count",Pivots!$B$3,"Installed",<DATE(2013,3,24),"Group ID","b","Source","ad")," - ")

I guess to simplify my question... I just need this part to work.

=GETPIVOTDATA("Count",Pivots!$B$3,"Installed",<DATE(2013,3,24),"Group ID","a","Source","ad")

Get data from the pivot table where Install date is less than <some date> who is in Group <some group> and came from <some source>.

https://hotfile.com/dl/200165598/7a40028/pivot.xlsx.html

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Trixits

I'm not sure that you can use less than like that in a Getpivotdata formula, but you could try:

"<"&DATE(2013,3,24)

Otherwise I suggest that you filter the Date in the Pivot table itself and then the formula won't require that

Back