• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Find Unique Values and Sum using Power Query

fareedexcel

Hi Excel Users,

I need to get unique values (Name, Course Title, Chapter Title) and then sum the Time spent.

By using the Unique function and Sum IFS formula I'm getting the right result. But I need this to be performed using Power Query. Is there any possibility ? The reason being is the actual file will contain more than 40,000 + rows.

Attached sample file for your reference.

Attachments

• Grouping using Power Query.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
fareedexcel
If You ask help to get using Power Query
... then You should have been open this thread to Power BI, Power Query and Power Pivot
In this time ...
>> before You [ try to ] move this thread somewhere ... You should try to check - where is this thread now? <<

This is like ...
measure twice - cut once -case

Last edited:
Sound easy..
Click on group by... Advanced. Add the grouping dimensions, the equivalent of unique, then apply a sum on the column time spent.
doesn't that work?

Thanks for the answers! I really love Excel for its many profiles. You can even solve math problems with it. It is very comfortable

<Mod Edit: link to non-excel site removed>

And also for a huge margin of safety: there are always many options for solving a problem, varying degrees of automation

Last edited by a moderator:
And also for a huge margin of safety: there are always many options for solving a problem, varying degrees of automation
Please avoid posting links to non-excel related sites, as you'll likely get flagged by our anti-spam logic.

Back