• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel to PDF print - File name to be auto generated based on cell value in Excel

plannervenkat

Dear Frnds,

Question: whenever I print any sheet from excel to pdf format, the pdf pop up window automatically comes with the name of the Excel file from where I am giving the print command. I want the pdf pop up window should automatically take the pdf file name based on a cell value in the source file, instead of the source excel file name..can anyone help me..Thanks

When you say "print to PDF File" are you using:

1. Adobe Acrobat;

2. Excel Save As PDF;

3. Print to PDF (Excel 2007) or

4. Some other way ?

Which Sheet/Cell has the file name?

Dear Hui,

Am using Excel 2003 and when I am printing from excel(example filename is anyfile.xls) to pdf printer (using Ctrl+P and selecting the printer as Adobe pdf and after clicking OK to print, a pop up window comes with a title " save pdf file as" with a filename automatically taken as the excel source file name.. (ex anyfile.pdf )

Instead, If once I do this pdf print option, I want the pdf pop up window "save pdf file as" should come with a name based on a cell content(example: progress as of 2 Aug 10) in the anyfile.xls

I mean, the "save pdf file as" window should come with a file name "progress as of 2 Aug 10.pdf" instead of filename as "anyfile.pdf"

hope I tried my best to explain clear...

Thank U

Back