• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel scrollable charts

rico

Hello...Is there any way to have multiple scrollable charts with sorting capability in the same workbook...I was trying to follow your example of the website but I keep getting the mysortcriteria already exists error...When I create the other chart is keeps linking back to the other chart...I have tried everything...Any thoughts without using VB or is this a VB thing?

Rico

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

When you say Scrollable Charts I assume you mean that by using a Slider or other Control that when the scroller is moved the chart changes?

It is entirely possible to both:

Have 1 set of controls that controls many charts or

Have multiple controls that control multiple charts.

The system is

1. Have a data storage area/s

2. Setup Report Areas or Extract Areas that extract data from the data store and can be changed by use of Controls

3. Add the controls as required

4. Add the charts which are based on the Report Areas, not the original data

So that now as the controls are changed the Data Extract areas update and the charts update.

The above can all be done without VBA using Excel.

For more specific requests you may want to consider posting a sample file: Refer to the Green Sticky posts at the main Chandoo.org/Forums page

You may want to consider reviewing some of the Excel Dashboard Challenges that are also posted here as they have many examples of how to achieve these goals using a variety of controls and layouts.

Back