• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

DASHBOARD HELP

is there anyone who can help me resolve the problem as i am running out of time now and i have to give a presentation on October 03, 2016. Any ideas anything.....

Hi,

Dear I said you earlier to describe your question in detail and include the expected result.

I am not sure. Can you check this:

=SUMIFS($F$2:$F$41,$B$2:$B$41,$B$47,$D$2:$D$41,B$48,$A$2:$A$41,$A49)

Enter in B49 and copy across & down.

The red highlighted $F$2:$F$41 is sum range, I am not sure which column you want to sum. Change the range accordingly.

Regards,

Finished the dashboard..... need some expert opinion on how can i improve it

Attachments

• Salary dashboard.png
    Salary dashboard.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 94
1 suggestion. Avoid use of 3d-charts. It really adds no benefit or value to dashboard and is harder to read than 2d-charts.

Another is Overtime chart. It's not immediately apparent what KPI/data this represents.

Thank you so much for reviewing. The overtime represents the cash outflow. It is not part of the salary but is paid on hourly basis to the seamen. And it makes a huge portion of their income.
I like 3D charts .... :)

Need more reviews please as this is my first dashboard

On the scale of 1-10 (10 being highest) where do you rank my dashboard... presentation wise, look wise

Hi,

Since it is your 1st Dashboard, I would say it is Good.
Colour scheme is good (l like limited colours)

But Sorry I can't rank as I am not a dashboard expert.

Wait someone to respond for rank.

Regards,

Good attempt for a first timer... couple of observations (my personal view and may differ from person to person)

I would use a drop-down for Vessel and Designation selection... this way i can directly select the desired option as opposed to scrolling through all of them till i reach the one i am looking for.

Remove the effects from the headers and it is getting difficult to read them.

Normal 2D charts will look as well as deliver the message much better than 3D charts

Try to have all the squares of same sizes and aligned correctly... will give a professional touch

Usage of contrast colors on the donut chart will help differentiate the values and will be easier to read....

Again as i mentioned earlier... these are my personal views and may differ from person to person. Hope i have helped.

I really respect your opinions but at times we need to accommodate our management's opinion over our own.

Anyway here is the final product. Have also used Macro for animation
P.S many thanks to Chandoo & SrinidhiSalary Dashboard.png

Back