• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER not working in Excel 2016

Charliewater546

When I press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to enter an array formula the files dialog box opens. I have tried this on two different computer and get the same results.
Is there a known problem with this? If so, is there a workaround?

I use CSE frequently in Excel 2016 without any problem as to many members here. It might be a long shot, but is the file containing a macro with an assigned shortcut "CSE"?

One more thing. I can use transpose and CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER on the same worksheet and it works. It's only when I try to use values in another TAB of the workbook that this occurs.

Try checking that you don't have some add-in or Windows custom shortcut key defined. In some application's property you can set shortcut key to launch it.

First I'll recommend starting Excel in Safe Mode and test (see link and articles linked in there for details).
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/excel/crashing-issues-with-excel

If it works in Safe Mode. Then start checking add-ins, start folder, personal workbook etc to pinpoint cause.

If it does not, most likely cause is OS/3rd party program shortcut key conflict.

Are you sure that you entered the name of the sheet correctly in the formula, complete with any leading/trailing spaces?

Back