• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Countif and Sumif functions with multiple criteria

JT3

I have a long list of values between 1 and 100,000 which I want to divide into various categories, for instance I want to know how many values are between 90,000 and 99,000, between 80,000 and 89,999, in groups of 10,000. And I may want to sort by other size groups as well. I also want to know the sums for those groups.

But excel only shows how to put one criteria to sum or count, for instance =SUMIF(B5:B356,">90,000")will give me the number of values over 90,000 but I want if I want to count those greater than 80,000 but less than 90,000 I can't figure out how to do that. Can this be done? And how? Also does the same thing work for the Sumif function.

Thanks so much, I can do the manual workaround for this but it would be faster and give me more options if there is a way to make these formulas work.

vkgupta, could you give an example, I'm already using countif and sumif and from what I can tell they only take one criteria. Thanks for your help.

JT3

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

It may be better if you can post a sample of data and some examples of what summations/counts you require?

Then we can give accurate and specific answers

Refer: http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

Back