• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

COUNT with multiple Criteria

Busymanjohn

Little conundrum .... maybe i ahve been staring at this for too long ,,,, sample file attached .... I need the results in cells H2:H5 to count the number of Names that appear in Col C that match the date in Col B ( example date in H1 ) and the Code type in Col D ,,,, results should be as per cells H2:H5.

Attachments

• Sample file V2.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi Hui, apologies ,,, my mistake ,, I should have said that I am looking to return how many unique Names are in Col C ,,,,, so H2 result should be 2, H3 should be 2, H4 should be 1 and H5 should be 0

Thanks for the reply Paul F ... I just posted an update to my request ,, I have tried COUNTIFS ... even a sumproduct with countif ,,,, it's the unique piece that is throwing me.

Array Formula H2: =SUM(IF(($G2=$D$2:$D$29)*($B$2:$B$29=H$1), 1/COUNTIFS($D$2:$D$29, G2, $C$2:$C$29, $C$2:$C$29, $B$2:$B$29, H$1), 0))
CSE - Drag it down...

Hey Paul ,,,, Sorry for the late reply ,,,, been a busy day today ,,,, this works a treat, I wasn't too far away with a sumproduct and countif ,,,,, much appreciated, thanks again :)

Back