• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

automatic timestamping

TaraK

Hi,

does anyone know how to automatically timestamp a spreadsheet in excel? I know how to do it for a new spreadsheet but I want it to be an automatic occurrence for every new spreadsheet I create. Is that possible to do?

Thanks for your reply. That's a great idea but I'm looking for more of a header or footer timestamp. The reason being that this may become a requirement for my dept. and I can't be sure of what other macros that other spreadsheets are using and what information will be populated in each cell.

I was wondering if it's possible to even do a timestamp in the background, as "draft" or "confidential" is commonly used.

view > header/footer

I've never tried to watermark a spreadsheet. I know there's a way and I know it's rather inefficient.

Quick idea for Watermarks is goto the Page Layout Ribbon, Background Tab and add an Image file which will be shown as the background

You will need to setup a JPG with "DRAFT" or "CONFIDENTIAL" or your company logo etc whatever you want in your water mark first

Right. But you'd have to create a new image for that watermark thought, right? Like you wouldn't be able to do a timestamp watermark.

You can do both

Add a "Draft" as a Picture to the Page Background and

Add a Time/Date to the Header/Footer as required.

Food for thought: I wonder if there is a way to use the camera tool to impose a background containing a time stamp as Tarak is looking to do. It would seem crazy, as the background - when last I checked - is a fixed image. Still though, I wonder if there's a way.....

Thanks, I think I'm going to try it with vba. I'm not sure if I could use a watermark and have it be the default setting for every new spreadsheet.

Back