• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Automated Scatter Chart

hitmanwa

I saw this a few days ago that had a slider attached and it would cycle on it's own. How exactly is that done? I've tried to run for next loops that do this but you can't select anything on the SS while it's running. Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction? I apologize if it's already been posted, I couldn't quite figure out how to search the forum. Thanks in advance,

Hitmanwa

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

To animate charts it is generally best to use named formula with the formulas based on a number of items but including some counter

You can then loop the counter using VBA between what ever values are required.

Thanks Hui, that's what I had originally tried but I need to add a pause to it I guess. when I tried it it just kept cycling and I couldn't select anything on the SS. I'll keep working it, thanks for the reply.

Have a look at the code and controls in

http://www.excelhero.com/blog/2012/02/motion-induced-blindness.html

I think It does what you want

Thanks Hui, I can get it to cycle the information but I can't do anything else with the SS while the macro runs. I always thought that was normal. I'm not sure how that scatter plot was able to run without doing that.

Thanks again,

VBA kind of owns Excel when it's running so the user can't really click into something.

I wonder if there's a hacky way to do this though.

Back