• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Auto populate items in excel after selecting particular item.

ashish navale

Hi...I have query in my excel sheet...Its a transport delay tracker which I update as and when I receive email. I have to enter date, emp id, emp name, emp manager name, manager's manager name and place of residence of emp. I want a formula where I will select only the name of emp using drop down list and its emp id, name, managers name, manager's manager name and place of residence will autogenerate in adjacent cells.

I tried with vlookup formula..it works....but the thing is when I select the name from drop down list on the new line the data required is not autogenerated..I manually use ctrl+d then the data comes....I want that I will select only name and rest of the things get autopopulated everytime I enter on new line...plz help me with this query...

Ashish

Something doesn't sound right

Can you post your data file?

You have to drag the vlookup formula, then the required data will auto populate when you select the name from drop down list.

If you have already dragged the formula then Try this

In excel 2007 > Office Button> Excel option >Formulas.

In Workbook calculations the Automatic Radio Button shld be selected.

Save & proceed, your problem will be solved.

Back