• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding text manually to a cell that has returned data via Vlookup

bnpdkh

Not sure if this is possible but I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to add text in a cell that is dislaying return from VLOOKUP formula. I have a work sheet that if you select code from dropdown in U9, the VLOOKUP formula returns specific text to V9.Would be nice to be able to click in V9 and add additional text if required. Unusual I know but I thought I would put it out there, this forum has been batting a thousand so far :)

Thanks Hui, that worked but my coworker had a concern about users needing to enter text in formula. I added another column and combined the two of them;
=IF(U9="","",VLOOKUP(U9,DELAYDEF,2)&"."&" "&W9). The issue I am having now is with wrapping the text in cell V9. The function does not seem to work as I am required to go back and select cell and reapply the wrap function in order for cell to display all of the text. Any ideas or work arounds??

Can you tell us what your trying to achieve?

Why not just have an extra field or Column for the storage of Comments ?

Back